#19 Kobe "The Eel" Mutch

HIM

1 Like

IN

FFS WEBMASTER

5 Likes

Disagree, donā€™t think he was ready at all. Will be next year though.

1 Like

Love the way heā€™s progressed and learned over this year. I think the lad will have a ripping pre-season (not literally) and never look back next year.

I love he just backs into packs without a care in the world. May be the hard nut mid weā€™re crying out for

1 Like

havenā€™t had a good looking stud like this since Pev stitched up the opp star midsā€¦ onya Eel!

1 Like

Heā€™s ready just too late in season now. Works hard and knows how to get it. Pace or lack of might be an issue

hes seriously tough and fearless.

Honestly I will never, ever forget at the vfl praccy game this year hodge trying to rough him up, and Mutch basically cracked him in the throat and gave him a mouthful. Itā€™s my first memory of him, and it was such a glorious moment.

Some guys just have IT. From the way they play to the way they conduct themselves. Kobe does, and every time Iā€™ve seen him live or vfl on tv or replays I see someone who will carve out a good career

16 Likes

WOB you must have flew over for round 1 against the Hawks like meā€¦I was at the TVSC for that as well.

Yep, I was there mate for that and the hawks game

Get mutch in the seniors.

Get mutch in the setterfield ears

2 Likes

His trajectory will be intriguing to watch.

The most striking thing about Mutch when you watch him is he has an insatiable appetite for the contest and he is super tough and strong-willed.

That is an outstanding foundation to build upon.

I guess what Iā€™ll be interested to watch is whether he will be an exceptional state league player or a genuinely good, long term AFL contributor.

The reason I have this query is he doesnā€™t have any standout athletic features nor a penetrating kick. But there are plenty of players before him who you could say the same about who became stars of the game.

Itā€™s awesome to be able to know as a supporter that he wonā€™t die wondering in his quest to carve out an AFL career.

1 Like

If you could put Mutchā€™s intent into Langford, youā€™d have one hell of a player

8 Likes

Mutch may never be a superstar but it takes players like him to make a great team, he will be the one that makes it to that 50/50 contest late in the last to get the ball to someone that will recieve all the glory for kicking a goalā€¦Koby will probably be jogging back to the centre square for the bounce while everyone is celebrating .

3 Likes

I was surprised the other day walking past Langford and Mutch standing together. Kobe is larger than I realised, almost Langford size already; same height but broader stronger looking shoulders, legs not quite as muscular and toned as Langford but I reckon weā€™ll see an improvement there over the next 6 months.

3 Likes

Kobe must have grown a bit if heā€™s Langfords height.

Canā€™t wait until he makes his debut and slots his first one and everyone starts goingā€¦

2 Likes

I reckon 2cm difference tops. I watched Kobe play pre-season vs Geelong and the final vs Footscray the other day; thereā€™s a noticeable difference in his size particularly across the chest and shoulders. He looks like heā€™s been pumping some pretty heavy weights. Maybe he could show Marty Gleeson where they are :smile:

6 Likes

What even is this??
Mitchell when he started was just about the best clearance player in the game. The ā€œSam mitchell is just a generic OK playerā€ is an idea thatā€™s stuck despite having almost no resemblance to the truth. He was extraordinarily good at one thing, then he also got good at other things too.

I see almost nothing like mutch - height, skills, type of player, role, body shape, type of runner (mitchell had that good first burst that guys with short legs often have, Mutch takes a bit to get going) etc etc etc. weā€™re still discussing what Mutch will be (if anything), mitchell clearly had a defined role at afl level because he dominated that role in vfl, first year out of 18s.

1 Like