#19 Kobe "The Eel" Mutch

Is a Priddis comparison in the ballpark for you VFL watchers?

Got a ways to go to get to that level.

At this stage he is less contested and not as good in close as Priddis.

more accomplished on the outside though with neater kicking skills.

Cheers. Skilled accumulator, consistent, needs size and experience. Like

1 Like

Yep, and determined! He looks a warrior type. Put his body on the line for the team.

From what Iā€™ve seen Iā€™d have said he reminds me more of Stanton, or maybe Sam Mitchell. Heā€™s not an in and under beast like Priddis, but does spend time at contests. Links up an awful lot.

I like him, but a way to go yet.

2 Likes

The Mootch?

Like.

Mootch > Eel.

1 Like

Kobe the Moocher

Hi-dee hi-dee hi-dee hi

4 Likes

That would be a Mini version

And a Mini-eel is an elver

Did anyone go to Mad Monday as an Elvers Impersonator?

1 Like

Wow.

I have learned over the years not to throw the 200 game tag around lightly.

When David Zaharakis joined Essendon his first game of VFL was so far above the grade they were forced to bring him in. Seven goals from memory and 30 odd touches.

Zaharakis will play 200 for the club but he is not without his critics.

McVeigh didnā€™t make 200. Rama didnā€™t. Peverill (remember his first season?) didnā€™t. Ken Fraser, Michael Long, Sean Wellman, Alec Epis, Alan Noonanā€¦ all under 200. Thereā€™s actually only ~30 in history that have.

200 games is a massive achievement at AFL level. Letā€™s wait for Kobe to make his debut.

14 Likes

Fair call

I thought McVeigh did. A couple there just missed, viz Long and Noonan.

I hate it when people do their homework and come up with a compelling argument!

6 Likes

I just canā€™t shake this feeling that anyone who says Stanton is even slightly similar to Sam Mitchell did not watch football until about 2015.

One of them was the best clearance player of the 00s, who later became a very good half back and outside mid.

One of them was a very good wingman who ended his career a very good wingman.

I love/loved stants but some of you need to get a grip.

6 Likes

Oops youā€™re correct on mcveigh

There have been many other examples of people jumping the gun about 200 game players. Longy and Rama had what it took. They were unlucky with injury and illness

Noonan had shocking shoulders, Fraser took a teaching job up the bush 2 games short, Peverill had a bad head.

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure a prominent blitzer went early on Nic OBrien making the 200 game club.

Name names