#20 Jackson “Jerrett” Merrett

No he won’t. Has no standout attribute and simply can’t work himself into games through will alone like some players who a first glance look very bland but can actually make an impact. Has played 4 full quarters in about 2 games for his entire career.

Of course it’s probably just because the big, mean coaches refuse to play him on the wing full time for 8 games in a row so he can get his confidence up.

Just my opinion.

Don’t know that he’ll get the chance, but I could see it happening. Could easily play a role in a good system.

It’s exactly what I think.

As soon as you get played off HB in the preseason when that’s not your natural position you pretty much know your career is done for.

3 Likes

I think the Hawks would give up something for him.

1 Like

Yep. His papers were stamped by our new coach. Clearly didn’t fit into the plans (nor Blitz’s)

If it may be a factor in keeping Zac then I think he should be immediately signed to a ten year contract.

I opened this thread today for the first time since December…they say no news is good news, but in this case quite the opposite

Zac would probably be happy if his brother went somewhere else and got a game.

Shane Biggs played in a flag.
There’s no real set rule about “not good enough”, sometimes you’re the 22nd best bloke after about 20 superstars and it just happens.

Aaron Shattock

1 Like

Greg Madigan

Think it was the game v port last year on the Friday night where woosha just put a big fat line through his name.

1 Like

His contact extension was too long. You know when he can’t be a consistent player in a team when half of the players are suspended then the warning signs are there.
He’s 24 years old and not even standing out in the VFL.
He had promise early but has just not developed. It would take a miracle for him to remain on the list and I’d be amazed if another team picks him up.

3 Likes

100%

As much as it would be a surprise, he’s one that I could see getting a run in a few weeks as Worsfold looks for the right balance. He has the tools, but just hasn’t put it together for any length of time. If there’s a few injuries and poor form from the incumbents he will still get a chance. And if he gets a chance he can still grab it with both hands.

Is Jackson Merrett still alive?

Not that it matters much football-wise. He has about 90 days before delisting day.

Harsh on Biggs, I reckon he’s quite a reasonable player and certainly a lot better than any of the bottom 4 that St kilda turned out on gf day a few years back

Alright matey calm down.

1 Like