#20 Jackson Merrett

Would much rather play Lav over Jerrett. How many opportunities can the bloke be given? Lav played 2 games in the magoos, can’t be far off match fit.

lav applies sfa pressure as a forward. jackson at least chases

Averages less than 2.5 tackles per game.

Manic…

2 Likes

pressure isnt just measured by how many tackles you lay…

Their career stats are very similar.

1 Like

Good luck to Jerrett. Fingers and eyes crossed that plays a blinder.

8 Likes

Averaging 5 in the VFL so far this year

He’s played more up on the ball so far though.

Edit: Thought you were talking about Lav

probably averages 20 touches and 2 goals a game in the VFL… But if you think he’s gonna knocking up those numbers on Anzac Day, I’ve got some news for you…

He did in 2014. 17 touches 5 tackles and 1.1 in a losing side.

2 Likes

OR WEDDING RING

3 Likes

I’m not saying he is. I expect him to provide excellent defensive pressure though.
At this point, i’d prefer him to Lav as the replacement for Raz

2 Likes

reward for performance

3 Likes

Happy for him if he gets a gig. Hopefully he makes it hard for him to be dropped afterwards.

1 Like

Don’t think so, looking fwd to getting out there.

He is however really pizzed at himself for getting suspended and having not been able to play yet.

Would prefer even McKernan over Jerrett.

Smack would have a red hot go, while Jerret will accumulate 8 largely ineffective possessions and be a virtually invisible spectator (as usual).

2 Likes

I spoke to Jackson last night. A top bloke who has deserved a game and I am excited that he gets his chance on the big stage Wednesday. He will do his job and will add to the team and help us win. People on Blitz need to reign in their criticisms of our players. its simply disgraceful sometimes. These men who play for EFC bust their guts every week… Sometimes our understanding as supporters and our reflections are ignorant. Here’s to a great Anzac game for Jackson. I’m certainly cheering him on.

63 Likes

Could be anything, this kid.

Best we cull Laverde as well. Constantly injured, and his stats aren’t even as good as Jackson’s at the same age. But funnily enough, one is loved for doing sfa, and the other is a whipping boy. Gotta love this place.

9 Likes

Two words

David Myers

At least give the guy a go, even if you think his chances are very small, who knows.

4 Likes