#20 Jackson Merrett

We should have traded him to Port, could have got a 3rd rounder for him.

Why would they trade for an out of contract player that they probably are considering as getting as a DFA to have on their list as a backup plan

1 Like

If Draper has been promoted to the senior list, it’s likely that someone else will be delisted.

I still think there’s a good player in there. Good luck to him if he gets an opportunity elsewhere.

3 Likes

As with Monfries, we may be open to him getting a better offer.

1 Like

He showed some good signs particularly in 2014. I thought he would at the very least be a 100 game player but just not been quite good enough. I can’t remember if it was injury or form that kept him out of the side in 2016 but he should have played every game he was fit for. I remember him playing well against the Dees when we won against the odds but he seemed to miss a lot of the year after that. I always felt like in another side he could have found a spot.

Aside from a couple of games, the bloke just can’t find anywhere near enough of the footy at senior level. Unfortunately couldn’t cement a spot in the side with half the team out last year, then didn’t show much (if any) improvement this season.

I was a fan of Jacko in the early days and thought he showed some genuine class at times, but he’s one of the most obvious delistings for mine.

1 Like

you know, as much as you hope a player will make it, because they showed a bit of something in a play or two, or for a couple of games in a row, the reality is they may not actually be good enough to be there week in week out to show they are indeed a best 22 pick. It’s a shame but that may be the reality and accept it.

4 Likes

I heard Gold Coast were having a sniff too but tbh I’d be surprised if he was on an afl list next year. The broken leg certainly won’t help

Yep, was quite good against the dees, but followed that up with a deadset stinker the week after against Port, and Woosha seemingly put a line through his name there and then (rightly or wrongly.)

1 Like

I think he’s just not quite quick enough to play his preferred style of game at the highest level and doesn’t have a crazy huge tank to offset that. His contested work isn’t great either and his skills under pressure can be hit and miss.

That said I don’t think we’ve ever consistently played him in his best spot which I think is wing.

2 Likes

LONGY AND JERRET ON THE WINGS
DO IT WOOSH

2 Likes

Much rather bring in a new rookie

Woosha isn’t messing around.

I reckon his contested work is the big thing. Same with Morgan and Long. You need to be a certain standard to make a go AFL regardless of what position you play.

1 Like

Didn’t we give Jackson a contract extension after he broke his leg?

Why is he tweeting that at Gaj and cats

1 Like

They were just quoted in the original tweet/story. Jerrett was a minor part of that story