2017 Grand Final. Adelaide vs ..........Richmond (yes really)

Best mate is a long suffering Tiger so I’m letting him have his time in the sun albeit a short one. He thinks he might be able to snare a ticket for the granny and, like my bullldogs mate last year who ummed and arred about paying big dollars to go, I’ve told him he won’t regret it. Could be the greatest experience of his life. Glad for Dimma that he’s finally clicked. The bloke deserves it. Hated losing him to Port all those years ago and he’s just a quality guy. Cotchin will get off btw. Still don’t think they’ll win though. Adelaide look more organised up forward than GWS and their backline doesn’t rely on just a few like the Tigers. Someone’s going to have to play a blinder up forward for them to just stay in the game and Rioli’s already had his day out. Adelaide by 42.

2 Likes

The Crows are a manufactured club like West Coast and I dislike them on principle. Unlike most, I’m quite glad Richmond are in there, partly because they’re a great traditional club and partly for Dimma. I hope they win but I don’t think they will. They seemed to think they’d achieved something great just by winning yesterday, which is worrying

1 Like

They’ll suspend Ellis to show that they’re not afraid to suspend players for a Grand Final, and then say the Cotchin one was a “football act” or some such ■■■■.

5 Likes

Hope the crows win, after the Phil walsh incident, Danger leaving they deserve it.

11 Likes

Proof we have somehow entered a parallel universe.

2 Likes

Sorry. I can’t follow the logic in that.

If they are, then every club bar the 2 new comers is. They started a club, and entered into a comp, just like the rest of us, … just later.

They are not in the same boat as GWS or Suns. They aren’t owned by the AFL etc.

5 Likes

I farken hate Richmond…in fact hate is not a strong enough word for the loathing I feel for that mob.

I’d love a repeat of 2007 with Adelaide being Geelong and Richmond being Port.

And all the farken rules say the Cotchin should get rubbed out but you just know that somehow the AFL will bring out some obscure rule to let him off.

3 Likes

I’ve always thought the tigers have had an average (not poor…) list.

Which leads to my question: of their squad who would you actually have on our list- ie. Walk up start players that would slot in and compliment improve our list?

Obviously Cotchin, Dusty and Rance would be walk up starts… And after that?

you can’t judge these things on a still but i reckon this shows him getting there second and deciding to bump. Plenty in the media are saying footy act this morning but i reckon shiel is entitled to be protected from front on contact and isn’t obliged to turn and protect himself because he got there first.

3 Likes

Can you imagine the absolute vitriol caro will sanction if cotchin gets done?

1 Like

reiwolt, not many others. prestia certainly would be for us. Nank is a pretty good solid ruck. astbury v hartley is line ball. on the back of yesterday you would probably take rioli ver green. there are probably few others that are line ball. Grigg has got the most out of himself as a role player in the midfield which we could probably make use of.

1 Like

Did Nankervis play yesterday? Though Tigers got slaughtered in the ruck.

Cotchin has to miss right? He’s a good guy, I really feel for him, but you can’t bring into question the integrity of the game.

1 Like
3 Likes

Farrkkkk I’m jealous of Richmond, what I’d do to see my team actually go deep into finals.

6 Likes

From what i’ve been told recently, if dodoro had a capable coaching staff we’d actually make it.

Easier here. I just created these two after watching “Stevo’s Stink”

Ever the AFL minion, sychophant and all round douchebag,…

Stevo says … "NO TROUBLE"

Then this one, which has had less spotlight, but is actually more obvious …

Guess??

"NO TROUBLE" The tool is a tool, … is a fkn tool.

9 Likes

Young Dan Rioli for sure, In a nano second.

Was very good, and will only get betterer.

Looking at those, that right arm has no intention of going near the ball, at the very least its a fine which would see him miss a week.

3 Likes

I’d be looking at townsend and butler before rioli for green.

1 Like