2017 Grand Final. Adelaide vs ..........Richmond (yes really)

I reckon Cochin has lead with his head with the intent to hurt shiel, with the thinking he won’t get rubbed out cos of said leading with the head.

Like I said on this year’s interpretatio he should be suspended so.pky cos he injured a player.
But he won’t be.
Which is why the game is so pathetic now.

Dangerfield and zerrett may miss out on a broenlow cos of the ■■■■■■ mrp, yet xotxhin will play a grand final, ducking putrid

2 Likes

yeah i reckon he looks at him and decides to tuck in and bump him him, he’s even going to ground making no effort to keep his feet, he’s clearly bumping him off the ball and you can’t be allowed to do that from front on. side on no problem but the duty of care there requires him to pull up and plenty of players do in that situation all the time.

Pretty clear to me.

1 Like

If Sheil went a little harder then this wouldn’t be an issue but didn’t like most of his team mates and now they all aren’t playing in a Granny.

10/10 caro

There was no intention to pick up the football. Chose to bump instead on play the ball. Gotta go.

There’s no argument with the Ellis one. He’s gone. Chose to bump instead of tackle, and collected the GWS player on the chin.

3 Likes

Yeah that was finey’s take this morning but if you get there first you are entitled to be protected from being hit high from front on. And with good farking reason.

Why are we even talking about this? There is literally zero chance he gets rubbed out. None.

He could have attacked Shiel with a chainsaw and the AFL would clear him because the chainsaw wasn’t on its highest setting or something

22 Likes

I expect Cotchin will be Franklin-ed, but clearly the only intent there is to make sufficient contact to stop the disposal. It’s not a tackle or a smother or an attempt to directly get the ball.

And that’s fine and legal… unless it results in sufficient damage to the opponent. The MRP has been very clear in saying results matter more than intent.

(Will the AFL appeal if the MRP suddenly change their approach? Ha!)

1 Like

‘You took his Brownlow, you can’t now take his Grand Final…’ in 5, 4…

Jobe’s not playing in the Grand Final

3 Likes

It’s a choice bw human sh|t from Adelaide and human s/it from Richmond. Cat scat or dog biscuit would be cordon bleu compared to that.

At best reckless which means he is gone. Every ■■■■■■■ day of every ■■■■■■■ week in this age. Will not go, will be applauded for bravery, self sacrifice and doing what needed to be done. Giants would have been a big chance with Shiel, no surprise Martin got off the chain not long after Shiel went off. Rotations got destroyed.

He’ll get off because well, you know he is a Brownlow medal winner.

No farking chance the AFL follow it’s own rules and rub them both out. They will make something up to enable them to play.

4 Likes

Cotchin rubbed out only for Richmond to win the GF?

Both Cotchin and Ellis will get off, Richmond will put in a spirited performance but Adelaide’s class will win out, it will be deserved as they’ve been the best team all year, and we can all go back to trade period insanity.

2 Likes

Typical Ticketek ballsups when buying AFL member seats just now

Went through the process, got to the payment page, site then timed out with 504 Gateway error crash

Reload the pages, says barcodes exhausted

Give up

5 minutes later get confirmation email with my original order

1 Like

Sell them to Richmond fans for overs

You know, the thought goes through my mind every year but chicken out every year with the threat of AFL Membership cancellation hanging over my head if they get found out at the gate by the roaming AFL Ticket nazis