2017 Grand Final. Adelaide vs ..........Richmond (yes really)

The revelation, no sorry, celebration, of his 200 injections in 5 days over the off season in the pre match has done my head in. I’ve lived with Richmond fans telling me that players receiving 20 injection across 20 weeks was clearly dodgy and a sign that Essendon were cheats for the last 5 years. And yet there they are, celebrating Dylan Grimes the Premiership player.

1 Like

Today we just saw a team of mongrels beat a more skillful outfit with sheer work rate and maniac desire. Richmond smothering the opposition at every turn.

On the other hand, Crows must have thought they will get a easy win and got stunned by the pressure facing them, and once on a slippery slope, did not recover.

I thought Houli was better too

1 Like

How trash was Jenkins today.

1 Like

Watching Footscray and Richmond win premierships, Im seriously filthy that sh*t clubs can somehow pull this off.
If Melbourne win it next year, and we finish 8th again. I’ll be furious.

10 Likes

Abysmal.

Richmond vs Adelaide = Horn vs Pacquiao

Get a grip. It took them 1 pre-season and 37 years.

Seeing Richmond win a flag is revolting and heartening at the same time. Looking at their premiership team, there are at least 7-8 guys I wouldn’t recognize if I walked passed them in the street. This tells me that process is every bit as important as talent. Richmond were on a mission.
They don’t allow their opposition to play to their strengths. They defend well all over the park. They clog up space. They tackle with intent. They restrict the quality and quantity of i50s against and protect their backmen. When our guys rock up with the right plan, good execution and a shitload of desire and bring it week in week out, we’ll contend again. Hopefully we don’t have wait 37 years to get there.

6 Likes

Yes but we are ESSINGTON

My heart is filled with hatred for them.

But I could possibly fit some more in.

3 Likes

Here farking here… I wanna vomit with my feelings of envy for the Tigers :flushed::wheelchair:

martin could have spent the whole day in the goal square snorting coke off a hookers ■■■■ and he’s have still won the medal.
surely people knew that before the game. was always going to be the case with the narrative about how “special” he is.

5 Likes

Whats this about grumes?

Anyone would have beaten the Crows today. They were ■■■■■■■ ■■■■.

7 Likes

This is our fault.

We played so ■■■■ that we infected Sydney who player so ■■■■ the next week that they infected Geelong who played so ■■■■ next week they infected Adelaide.

7 Likes

Jealous as fark right now but the turnaround from Dimma and most of those players is incredible.

Like many have mentioned their team is full of unknown players but they ALL play a role. Combined with high pressure, high intensity, aggression and determination you get a premiership team.

It’s not about premiership window anymore. If you’ve got the cattle and the right coach (as we’ve seen the past 2 years) then you’re a chance to win it.

I don’t see any reason why we can’t in 2018.

1 Like

Also my mother is a Richmond fan she has been since she was little

Richmond Is my second team - I would have been a tigers member if I hadn’t become an Essendon member

1 Like

Just got home from the typical BBQ. What. the. hell.

2 Likes

Mine is full of hatred for every fkn team. I double wanted Richmond to lose because I don’t want any other AFL supporter to be happy until Essendon win a flag and I’m happy. Seeing 80k leave the g early would have made my day.
I’m extra mad because I think they are ■■■■, and it really showed today that if you can inspire your team to do the little things like tackle and pressure then it doesn’t matter who you play you can win.

We have been soft and now I get to see Grimes and Grigg as premiership players and Jobe had to just walk away, I’m even more mad.

I’m really fkn mad today. Last year I couldn’t care less, this year it’s anger. I hope our boys are hurting and this inspires them.

Their backroom board cleanup did wonders