2017 MRP/Tribunal

If I was Zorko I was be absolutely gutted - pardon the pun. His love tap on Plowman certainly doesn’t consistute a punch and for me is a fine at worst. His swinging arm on Petrevski-Seton was a lot more dangerous but failed to make real contact.

#mrplotto

Mr Plotto is a ■■■■■■■■.

Hooker cleared. Redpath out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wonders never cease.

6 Likes

Happy with the Zorko decision. Any punch is an automatic one week suspension

1 Like

Unless you’re Trent Cotchin where you’ve gotten away with it about 20 times with a fine at worst

5 Likes

From what I have seen you can’t even definitively know it’s a punch - could just as easily be a push. There is no swinging action. Really stiff in my view.

you’re kidding right? Walks up to the guy and jabs him in the solar plexus when he wasn’t expecting it. That was what the penalty was brought in for, to stop these sort of things. Always worth a week. It is up on the AFL site.

1 Like

Watched the footage 10 times. Where can you see his fist clinched?

My main issue is that things like this happen many times a week yet they pick and choose. Only need to look at the Parker incident.

Again you;re kidding right? It was a clenched fist, he deliberately walked up to a bloke and popped him one int he stomach. That should always be a week suspension to stop blokes doing it.

On the second point, two wrongs don’t make a right.

Have you seen a reverse angle? Footage on AFL clearly inconclusive if fist is clenched as Zorko’s body blindsides the camera

Who cares whether his fist was clenched or not? He hit him in the gut, off play, intentionally to hurt.

1 Like

Danger can accept 1 match ban for rough conduct.

I’ll be his character witness, I hope he gets off.

Dangerfield gets a week.

Right decision IMO. His tackle was excessive especially given Kreuzer’s arms were pinned.

On a related point, this issue would go away if umpires were instructed to pay free kicks for incorrect disposal more often when the ball comes free in tackles.

8 Likes

The decision might be “correct”, but it is also a steaming pile of bullshit.

2 Likes

100% agree. If we paid illegal disposal and holding the ball early players wouldn’t have second tackling actions that cause the damage

1 Like

lols. tuned in to game day on sunday morning, they had about a ten minute go at every panelist, guest, expert etc etc trying to make out that he was in the clear.

No Brownlow for Danger then it seems?

Or will the AFL witch doctor that one as well?

$1.01 they get him off.

Although the issue here is consussion and the long term impact that it is having on players. The AFL need to be proactive is trying to minimise it.