2018 Grand Final - eat a big bag of dicks, ya Wobbles!

That’s nice. What’s it got to do with the Rioli/Maynard one?
Leaving aside it didn’t go the required 15 metres, it was a handball

1 Like

Yep to me it looked like rioli held his ground to take the mark, maynard and him started wrestling and sheed floated back to take the mark.

5 Likes

I’m thinking of Liam Ryan aren’t I. My bad, carry on.

Speaking of part of the game where the rules are constantly ignored.

3rd goal of the game where Stephenson burnt off Cole. Took 20 steps without bouncing running at full pace. Clearly ran about 25m but allowed to do so because umpires probably ‘felt like’ he just got to the end of his allowed distance.

Our sport isn’t rugby, if you want to run and carry the ball you should be skillful enough to bounce it.

Connor and Saad are great at this and never run over 15m. Burst players like Treloar and Dangerfield constantly carry it 20m and get away with it. Umpires should be red hot on this like with deliberate out of bounds.

10 Likes

What about deliberate rushed behinds? Because that last one absolutely was.

An understandable squib, though.

1 Like

I like Bucks. Seems a decent sort of bloke to me.

2 Likes

Cmon fox - she must remind you of one of your ex-wives!

1 Like

Yeah Bacchus I’m 52 but in my defence the only other crush I had on a politician was Natasha Stott Depoya :wink::wink:

The Buckleys are mouth kissers :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

Headline: “Pies fans wreak havoc”

Content: “Police mostly happy with fans behaviour”

A peice of me died inside yesterday

2 Likes

Sorry WOB. I’m sure that creepy-af autism doctor from those Channel 7 ads can help fix that

how does your own ■■■■ taste?

4 Likes

He just left the “acting” part.

I dont see that as a bad thing at all. The umpires let it go as they should of. There was one deliberate out of bounds and there was one 50 paid. It was a grand final and they need to flow otherwise we go back to the good old days of Roos’ Sydney boring us to death.

The game has become that stodgy the only way it’s going to become watchable again is in the hands of the umpires. If it’s unattractive in any you’re not going to retain fans, let alone get the nsw and qld markets in board.

Without sounding like a wanker I’m a regulator by profession and use any power I have as an absolute last resort. If it’s blatant I’ll throw the book at them , if it’s little what’s the point cause you’re only going to create an ugly situstion, which is what the game becomes if we’re going to ping people for every little indiscretion. And Stephenson was going to kick that goal bounce or not. What would be the point?

And it makes no difference if things are let go because you’ll get decisions go your way and against. It balances out the same way as if we were pinging people for piddly little technicalities. And then it will look like rugby.

Stephenson was only going to kick the goal because he needed about 15m to get to top speed to get the break on Cole in order to be able to steady and kick an easy goal.

He should have had to bounce while still trying to create that separation to do it fairly. The rule is there for a reason. You can’t just put it under your arm and sprint. It’s meant to make it harder for the guy with possession to outrun his opponent, a leveler of sorts.

It also makes it harder to hit a target as you have to take your eyes off the field for a split second to control the bounce.

The game should ultimately be one that rewards skill and craft first and athletic ability second.

5 Likes

Fair enough, but I was probably just looking at things holistically and needed an example of how the umpiring affects the overall spectacle.

Sorry if I sounded a bit terse. It’s late.

if he needs to wash it down, @Jake_Brady_10 brady can provide the mouthwash.

3 Likes

All good mate. Think it would have been harsh to ping Stephenson as running as far as he did never gets called these days.

More of a general comment that I think players get away with this too much as they are allowed plenty of time to accelerate to break away from their opponent when they should in fairness have to bounce the ball while doing so.

1 Like

Edited for accuracy.

1 Like