2021 trade spec (Part 5) - Little Bobby Hill got dropped

The 4yrs has probably come about due to North & Hawks also supposedly in the picture. It was mentioned we won out over them.

That said we have missed on Mozzie working out, got stitched up on Coleman by AFL trade time keepers, and perhaps also by early Eyre/Brand bids to select small fwd late there. And Rosas stayed at GC.

Been clear we have wanted to get a forward in and he’s got a great all round game as far as in the air and at ground level and should only continue to improve. If we rated him highly and really wanted to address that need 4yrs is what it is. Caldwell got 4yrs also IIRC.

1 Like

Geez Taranto’s leaving his announcement late isnt he.

13 Likes

In fairness to @Scorch, he called it early today that McCartney was stalling…

5 Likes

Risky? This is 14-goals Bobby Hill we are talking about, we aren’t trading for Petracca or the Bont…

1 Like

Not sure it’s as effective when the other party wasn’t keen in the first place :grin:

Risky as in not getting our guy and creating an image that we can’t get trades done which costs us big names in the future.

No way did i indicate that hill was on the same level as bont.

1 Like

Sometimes some people get me wrong
When it’s something I’ve said or done
Sometimes you feel there is no fun
That’s why you turn and run

But now I truly realize
Some people don’t wanna compromise
Well, I saw them with my own eyes
Spreading those lies, yeah

Well, I don’t wanna live a lie
Too many sleepless nights
Not mentioning the fights
I’m sorry to say lady

I’m walking away
From the troubles in my life
I’m walking away
Oh, to find a better day
I’m walking away

I’m walking away
Oh, to find a better day
I’m walking away

Well, I’m so tired, baby
Of things you say, you’re driving me away
Whispers in the powder room, baby
Don’t listen to the games they play

Girl, I thought you’d realized
I’m not like them other guys
'Cause I saw them with my own eyes
You should’ve been more wise, babe

Well, I don’t wanna live a lie
Too many sleepless nights
Not mentioning the fights
I’m sorry to say lady

I’m walking away
I’m walking away
Oh, to find a better day
I’m walking away
I’m walking away
Oh, to find a better day
I’m walking away
I’m walking away
Oh, to find a better day
I’m walking away
I’m walking away
Oh, to find a better day

3 Likes

I’m not sure why, but I get the feeling Toranto’s been talked out of leaving GWS.

3 Likes

Both partys were interested don

Gws tried to offer him up to freo, we have been talking to him since grand final day *apparently

And most of all Hill and his management wanted a fresh start with us

Yeah fair enough, I don’t see any risk from our side of things, no big loss if we don’t get him, bonus if we do. But you make a point regarding not getting trades done, poor ‘difficult dodoro’ cops a bad wrap.

1 Like

Jade Rawlings on trade radio basically said their not interested in Bobby Hill…looks like it’s us or nothing so far

1 Like

Scorch haters on Blitz later tonight like…

14 Likes

It seems pretty clear that Dodo is not willing to part with our future 2nd for Hill because of a much larger prize. Can only assume it is related to Taranto.

how can disco be blamed for not getting deals done when the other wankers play hard ball

1 Like

The four years feels like an attempt to test his flight risk. If his only ties to Victoria are a few cousins I’m not holding my breath that he opts for another trade in a few years time when his circumstances inevitably change again.

1 Like

Dodoro making sure he doesn’t pay overs. Probably worth a second rounder and fourth with a third coming back - at the most. Not fussed if he doesn’t land Hill - not a real fan of his output to be honest.

Yeah ive got to start making things clear when i Write things lol

Like if we didn’t go after dunkley last year i would be fine with leaving hill behind. But since we didn’t get dunkley and hill is seeming less likely its going to affect our reputation alot

1 Like

Doubtful, he turned up in bad shape and has had that issue the whole time. Betts busted a gut to play AFL at his level.

As I have said, not sold on Hill. Happy enough to get him cheapish, no point blowing the bank on him.

4 Likes

There are always two sides to each story and it suits the media to go with their own agenda.

No need to fear though, Scorch and his sources are already gearing up to be more impressive than ever next year:

5 Likes