2022 Draft Watch (Part 1)

Exciting and I think he can make the step up. I’ve been keen on his teammate Mitch O’Neill too. There is plenty of talent running around in the state comps

Is he a good user of the ball??

Yes, quite composed

1 Like

Agree. The last thing we need is another defender. I reckon we have 16 guys on our list already whose best position is in defence.

1 Like

Are there any excitement machines lighting it up at state league level?

No, we have them all.

1 Like

We need to get all three of them.

Round 17, 18, 19 against Gold Coast, Pies, Norf all at home is where we will ruin our draft position.

3 Likes

Don’t underestimate just how bad things might get, mate.

By that point, we may have a sacked coach, a board spill, and a team of kids playing.

2 Likes

I think as players return, Jake, Langers, Snelling, Jones we’ll get better (not hard) we’ll win a few in the back end and they’ll use it to sell the dream for 2023

2 Likes

I’m not convinced that will happen this year because when those guys are fit we’ll just lose other senior best 22 players, make no mistake we’re a genuine wooden spoon contender this year

1 Like

I think Lav is playing with a few niggles. We might decide to send him in for surgery early, and give Brand the last 5-6 games of the year.

We might play Caldwell, Perkins & Hobbs as purely mids for the last 10 games.

We will still be very young.

2 Likes

Lave has played every game and is our second most durable player after Parish. He doesn’t need to be sent in for surgery. What he needs is to go to the most dangerous player this week that usually tears us a new one, Dusty.

1 Like

You didn’t read what I said.

@Saucy hates LAV.

1 Like

Game starts at 3pm on Saturday streamed on the AFL site/app. Jumper numbers for Davey and Munkara included in the article

4 Likes

We’re lucky they aren’t playing our VFL side, it’d be another 10 goal loss for our boys

1 Like

It would have been better than playing swans reserves, our VFL side are mostly kids anyway. Would have been a good contest.

1 Like

One for saucy

2 Likes