2022 trade speculation (Part 2)

Haynes maybe

Another tweener defender doesn’t do much for me, especially at 30

Tom Green though….
Look, I’ll take Whitfield off their hands if they want to shed some $$$

2 Likes

I think you’ve still got flexibility if the player stays good. If they fall off you’re stuffed. Look at Polec, Hannebery, B Hill.

1 Like

I gave you that info days ago. You should have quoted me Lust. :grinning:

3 Likes

Yeah I agree on Haynes, which is why they may offload him cheaply to increase their hand with other deals.

Green is too young and valuable as a stand alone trade.

Haynes, Ward, Davis, Kennedy. They aren’t really in a position to offload any one else of note the few good youngsters they have; Taylor, Green, Aleer are untouchable and the rest wouldn’t be on a lot of money

1 Like

Stocker’s aerobic capacity is really really poor for an Afl player.
He will fit right in with us.

1 Like

Agree. Makes sense to give long deals to Petracca, Oliver etc. Gets very dangerous if they are not at that level of performance.

2 Likes

Days ago when they met today?

Give me this weeks lotto numbers whilst you’re at it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My info was we had made contact with him or his manager a day or so ago.

They probably met today.

2 Likes

Money doesn’t just automatically solve problems or change some peoples opinions.

A lot of players would prefer to go somewhere for less money but a good club with a chance of success. In fact i’d wager the majority would.

We are not a good club nor a chance for short term success.

It’s hardly surprising no good players would want to come to us atm

Surely it’s not their list manager’s fault that the coaches didn’t play the player? List managers gave the big contract, player wasn’t performing as far as the coaches were concerned, player got dumped. Turns out coaches were idiots.

honestly it’s a pretty nice reel

10 Likes

IMO the biggest test for Stocker is this upcoming pre-season.

If he can have the pre-season of his life, and build up his tank, we could have a seriously good midfielder.

7 Likes

O

1 Like

Yes please.

We should be making a deal with the Giants to take Haynes off them, give them a token 3rd rounder and then pay them an extra 700k x 2years for on the 1sts they are gonna get for the Taranto/Hopper. Would free up 1.5mill in '23 and '24 - helping the AFLs franchise out should help get the AFL’s approval.

1 Like

This works when either the club selling adds in something juicy, or the receiving club would like the players if free. Frankly, I don’t think we want those guys for 1-2 years at the cost of $2-$3m in cap (total). There should be cheaper ways to get some experience/leadership.

Now, it they were willing to offer draft picks we might consider it. Or Whitfield.

Another conditional, softish player.

He would fit right in.