2022 trade speculation (Part 2)

He will strengthen our VFL team.

Still a risk. The comment I was responding to is that if the long-term contract doesnā€™t work you can just salary dump them. Iā€™m saying that only works in some circumstances and is usually still painful.

Yeah Iā€™d only be offering to help them out by taking contracts off their books or handing them some extra cap space if they were sending one of their first round picks back our way.

TBH if the AFL really wanted to help with equalisation and their expansion clubs then they should allow direct trading of cap space for drafts picks. ie we trade 500k of our TPP in '23 and '24 for pick 12 in the '22 draft. The giants would be the biggest beneficiaries as they need more cap space not draft picks.

It would also help bottom sides to that struggle to fill their cap and are forced to over pay for their players

He fell out of favour, but is the sort of player we need to consider, for our midfield. Ollie Henry is the one l would still like us to get, if at all possible. I would not consider the older Giants, not even for just one season, they do not fit the demographic of our developing list. Let the Tigers and Port go all in one last push for a flag. Good luck to them.

3 Likes

You canā€™t give another club salary cap. You can only take an existing contract.

I didnā€™t realise that Stocker won FCā€™s Best Young Player just last year. He fell out of favour quickly.

1 Like

Maybe he just hates FC as much as we do? Good man

4 Likes

Yeah whats the deal there, really surprised he didnā€™t get another contract. Just checked out a few highlights and he has all the attributes and can play multiple areas of the ground. Sounds like an ankle injury has hampered him this year. I wonder if they had too much pressure on their salary cap or too many of a similar playerā€¦

I say get him in.

1 Like

True that.

Totally agree on Stocker and Henry.Two players we should be looking at

3 Likes

If we get stocker I hope he plays againest Carlton. I would pay his fine if he took out saad

6 Likes

In the modified group doing rehab

14 Likes

Richmond doing an awesome job of rebuilding on the fly.

Iā€™m a big fan of building the list by trade and FA but it only works if youā€™ve got a good culture with strong coaching and systems in place.

I still believe the SSSS acquisitions in totality were very good for the strength of our list, but it all means nothing when the whole club top to bottom is a rabble.

5 Likes

Also appears that many of the SSSS only further contributed to the culture problem, rather than helping fix it.

I think he looks worth the punt.

3 Likes

Setterfield is another one who was supposed to be better than has become.

Wonder if heā€™s worth a punt

Fixed.

All Australian saad?

Sorry Iā€™m using a metric that might not be approved by some absolute champs of blitz.

Like using Brownlow votes instead of innuendo and rumor.

What am I thinking.

1 Like

Say thereā€™s a hypothetical poster who hasnā€™t been paying attention to this threadā€¦

Whatā€™s the quick for and against on Stocker? All I really know is heā€™s been delisted and SOS thought he was the 6th best player in his draft.

Same issues that hindered Parish & Francis.

Mental health issues & not being played in proper position.

1 Like