2022 trade speculation (Part 2)

Could we go after Mathieson. We could garantee him game time. He got dropped again

1 Like

If we can fix his kicking under pressure and fix his anxiety issues.

Iā€™m frustrated at work most of the time doesnā€™t mean i donā€™t put the effort in.

I also wanted Brodie and Pick19 last year! It appears to me our club is not in sink with each other. Recruiters and developers and senior coaching team do not sink together.
I have one serious reservation about Stocker- that is his mental health issues.

I would happily have him on our list but I donā€™t think we could guarantee games though.

1 Like

Didnā€™t you watch any games in 2022?
We were definitely in Sink Mode.

5 Likes

If thatā€™s your only reservation, then you take a punt on the kid. New environment and a good group of young players could do wonders for him. Youā€™re not coughing up draft currency for him. Would de-listing Ham and picking up Stocker really make us worse?

2 Likes

This off season has that syncing feeling

2 Likes

Hardly makes us better.

Swapping a squib for a hack :exploding_head:

Just need to gel together

Cause we have such extensive experience with experimental sports science :woozy_face:

If playing in sync as a team with a clear game plan and understanding of said game plan is experimental sports science to us, there is the problem.

Was referring to the idea of a frankenstein player with Hamā€™s aerobic ability and skills combined with Stockerā€™s competitiveness :grimacing:

2 Likes

he seems to intercept and mark the ball well

2 Likes

Setterfield is one of the most complete midfielders in the draft, which we saw at the end of the season in his form for the Sandringham Dragons. In his final month of the year, the 191cm prospect lifted his form to put together all of the little bits of his game.

He showed his fondness of the tough stuff ā€“ in the elimination final he had 10 clearances and 16 tackles and was the most important player on the ground ā€“ but he also became a more regular ball-winner, averaging 24 disposals in his final three TAC Cup games.

Setterfieldā€™s height makes him an appealing prospect for clubs looking for a big midfielder to build their on-ball unit around. His size will allow him to outbody opponents once he adds more weight to his shoulders, and he can also take marks overhead. He is a classy ball-user, and does things with a minimum of fuss. When up and going he always has time to think through things and make the right decisions.

Setterfield addresses a number of needs for us. if he can get anywhere near his best.
Tackling taller marking mid, would love him to add more size as well.

7 Likes

Iā€™d take Setterfield as a rookie pick were he delisted later on. Iā€™d also pass on Stocker. Both of those guys might be available to us later on in the player movement window and think we have bigger fish to fry in the coming period in getting either better players (highly unlikely) or better picks, or both (even more unlikely)

Has never worked for them previously.

So 3rd in line at FC for the big mid behind Crips & Kennedy. At the Bombers he would be behind ?

1 Like

I agree, I think he needs to be the primary inside mid, as he is a bit one dimensional. But he would satisfy a real hole for us and he relatively cheap. Still has good upside.

2 Likes

nah heā€™s behind

Cripps 195cm 95kg
Walsh 184cm 83kg (Same height as stocker)
Cerra 187cm 86kg
Hewett 187cm 84kg
Kennedy 190cm 90kg

Plus they also have on list developing for now
Kemp 193cm 81kg
Dow 187cm 83kg
Philp 186cm 80kg