2022 trade speculation (Part 2)

People need to understand that unless you are pushing the limits of the salary cap, you are not in the game. We are so far off it, it’s not funny.

I expect Fark Carlton to be challenging for flags as of next year, yet we are managing our wonderful salary cap.

No, a more solid Joe Daniher.

Certainly looks more solid than he did with us

@Aceman Dylan WIlliams done much at SANFl level Ace?
pick 23 2019 draft, pick after Devon Robertson

@THE_DON1 Alex Davies yet to re sign at the suns, 191cm bigger mid, suns academy should we throw some $$$ at him if we miss the Bowes deal.

Also Xavier O’Halloran GWS might be more reasonable to get deal done as he is uncontracted.

Need to sneak in with 22 (when they’re busy fighting with Port for JHF) - unfortunately Dodo will try and sqeeze blood from a stone and will probably p%!s them off.
Only hope is that Brad can use his old relationship with Thomas to get him to nominate us which might work in our favour.

It is fair mate. Cant help that players pick geelong as its a more attractive place to play at. Geelong just get the deals done when players want to get there thats it

Pretty sure Davies signed a new contract.

Has Bowes actually nominated Geelong?

This is why Dodoro and team must go.

People seem to think that having a $3 million hole in the salary cap is great list management.

It’s actually the opposite. It’s really poor management of the list.

7 Likes

There’s equalisation for you…in all its glory.
Would be staggered if all the administrators of the lowly clubs not making a bit of noise about a few of these things - if not, they’re not doing their job (this is where I’d give credit to Eddie - at least he’d light the fire and start the fight)

• Geelong getting 3 first round picks (+ pick 7) for peanuts (and fitting them into the cap)
  • Richmond getting 2 top players (and fitting them into the cap)
  • Carl-tank signing up all these players on big $$ and no cap squeeze???
    …ummmmmmmmmmm
3 Likes

How many very good seasons has McKay had? 1 (2 at a stretch). McKay has also proven he is a mental midget and can’t handle the pressure of simple directly in front set shots.

His and Curnow inaccuracies in the last two games are why ■■■■ carlton missed finals.

2 Likes

Not yet.

Not sure you can really say that.

We were lining up to have a crack at Ben King in particular, and failing that Harry McKay would have been targeted again also. $1.5mil first year most likely. Also mids in the sights.

Given all the kids taken of recent years and subsequent retirements/experienced players leaving. This was a year they had planned to bring in experienced players. Had we actually had our ■■■■ together as a club, with coaching appointments and been performing would have been in position to.

We’ve also had Walla walk out which was unexpected so there’s $600k+ additional

3 Likes

The narrative is that they want a “future late first or early second” for Bowes.

Ie, Geelong, you need to pay a future first.

1 Like

Joe, Saad, Raz, McKenna, Smith and Tippa all leaving early plus big deals from Hooker, Hurley and Heppell ending. All happening close together has put us in this position.

12 Likes

It’s called good list management.

I’m not sure people understand the harm Saad leaving did to the club. It is very very rare that a required best 22 player leaves a club for another club in the same state unless there are fundamental problems at the club.

The rebuild starts now, people need to get used to being ■■■■ for the next 5 years. There is no quick fix if no one wants to come to your club.

2 Likes

Nah he is a jet. He just didnt want to be at north this year one bit. His u18 year the previous year he was one of the best i had seen!

We haven’t seen the fallout yet. I think over the next week Carlton will have to push out some talent. They were likely dealing with a situation of who goes when we sign McKay. Now that the contract is done, they’ll have to compromise.

I just hope no one takes the bait. Zac Williams is a B grade players on elite money…eat ■■■■ Carltank

1 Like

Sorry, but regardless of what happened with Rutten, Campbell etc, we would be in this position. Most desls are made during the season, we had no one interested in coming. Even North have people wanting to go there and they are irrelevant!

1 Like