2023 FF Original Discussion Thread

There is no field… just the list. If you click on the players name it allows you to swap out

Nah. I’m on Apple.
Doesn’t allow me to click on the name.

Edit…
Found it.
It works under the team tab.

Cheers.

1 Like

I think i had him in other league and delisted him also.

I thought with the toe injury, the exploration of trade to Port last year and the addition of Hopper and Taranto meant he wouldn’t be best 22.

Hindsight is a ■■■■■.

1 Like

Miller Bergman got a round 1 spot!!? Didn’t expect that, lol. Now the problem - do I put him in the 18 or not!?

I’ve moved some players.
I have no idea what I’m doing.

1 Like

Bloody hell. The 2MP injury is just about the worst possible scenario. I’m now relying on Josh Treacy to survive the extended bench cut at Freo or I’ll not have a ruckman.

This interface sucks :joy:

4 Likes

The interface does suck, but unless people are expecting Dunlop to do everything manually, which from previous posts everyone seemed against, it’ll just have to do for this year until a better option is found for next year.

3 Likes

All good, I wasn’t having a go at Dunlop

1 Like

Yeah.
We’re going to persevere with this website this year.
Hopefully this opens up an opportunity another wannabe DT website to fill the gap.

1 Like

Updated. No Tippa in the starting 22.

Bedford wont play. Not a fan of the interface but it is what we have. Have to make the best of it.

For those that don’t watch the footy aside from Essendon games, Blicavs playing down back on Mihocek…… don’t even think about putting him up for B though @Dunlop

For a grand total of 10-15mins whilst De Koning was off the ground getting treatment in the 2nd term. He started inside at the opening bounce and mainly played there with some wing rotations, along with his usual back-up ruck minutes. He was just poor tonight, like the entire Geelong midfield.

Looks like the time the Bench is updated post-game will vary as the scores are already up tonight.

PBs:
Beau McCreery - 81 @Trotters
Bobby Hill - 81 @Jefferson

4 Likes

Im regretting that cull already! But it’s only Round 1!

I don’t know if this is allowed @Dunlop but is Jack Hayes available for LTI? I drafted him when he had a return date of Round 3/4, then literally the next day St.Kilda updated their injury list and he had a setback, now expected back Round 12.

And not even on my bench :astonished:

Didn’t manage to post a post draft wrap…

B: Bailey Dale - Brad Hill - Caleb Daniel
HB: Shannon Hurn - James Sicily - Jake Lloyd
C: Cam Guthrie - Sam Walsh - Taylor Adams
HF: Stephen Coniglio - Tom Hawkins - Lachie Hunter
F: Harrison Himmelberg - Harry McKay - David Swallow
R: Toby Nankervis - Tom Liberatore - Jaeger O’Meara
INT: Tom Atkins (CB) - Tom De Koning (FR) - Tom Cotchin (C) - Lance Franklin (F)

Depth: Darcy Fort - Micheal Hibberd - Dougal Howard - Anthony Ciminiti - Jake Waterman - Lachie Scholl - Tylar Young - Jack Hayes

Draft Review: Hamstrung myself with no picks inside the top 100 and only 1 inside the top 140 with 7 picks after 160, but that’s the price you pay for going for a premiership but fell a few points short in the Prelim. Drafted the golden oldies mostly for depth purposes as there wasn’t much else. Cotchin I’m hoping can average between 70-80 and get a forward position as the season wears on, whilst Hibberd, Howard and Franklin should all hopefully be depth if called upon; would love it if Franklin had one last year in him. Hayes was drafted when he was expected back Round 3 but that soon changed. Sprinkled in a few kids. Scholl looked great as a high disposal kid a few years back so hoping he can force his way back into that Adelaide side. Ciminiti makes his debut for the Saints whilst I expect Young to debut early on. Waterman has shown he can be a high FF scorer and a very low one, hoping this is the year he can put some consistency together.

Overall, I don’t think this team is good enough to beat fogdog or Stoops. My strength is my backline and my overall consistency. Hurn will boost the backs, and Himmelberg hopefully can stay down back and keep his high scores up although that seems unlikely so he may return to 60-70 average after an amazing 2022. I expect to see output improvement from De Koning, O’Meara and a return to form from Hunter after a poor few years. I think this midfield lacks the top end scorers that the other top teams have so may fall short again, need Walsh back asap.

5 Likes

I had no Collingwood or Geelong players.
With Howe out, hopefully, Oleg Markov may be next man up and they re-shuffle the backline.
I doubt they give Ryan or Will Kelly a shot.

I have not heard anything official but the reports are not good for Howe’s arm and I am assuming it will be quite the layoff, can I LTI him?

Wasn’t Will Kelly their next big thing at one stage?