2023 FF Original Trade Bait/Discussion Thread

Willing to trade Karl Amon for the right deal. Ideally a younger player and a pick in the first 2 rounds. Happy to work other players and picks into the deal.

1 Like

Trent Bianco (FC) and James Jordon (FC) are both available. Both are 21yo and both will become elite scorers.

Make me an offer but I’d prefer to trade both for one player.

2 Likes

Couple of handy veterans in Gunston and Tom Lynch (the Adelaide one) available for mid/late picks.

Barring any last minute offers I think that’s my trade period done -

In: Tom Mitchell, Jack Crisp, Brodie Smith, picks 51, 101, 122, 127, 134

Out: Luke Jackson, Hayden Young, Miles Bergman, picks 143, 161

Having lost the GF by the barest of margins last season I came into the trade period with two goals, try to upgrade Bergman in the backline and try to improve my draft position having traded out my early picks.

Going in I didn’t have plans on trading Jackson or Young, probably two of my three best young prospects. However early on it was clear watching other teams trade that I probably had to try and keep pace with inflation, CB was bringing in good scorers and then other teams around me on the ladder are stacked with guns and were unlucky to lose when they did in finals. The Mitchell and a third for Jackson was one I went back and forth with in my head, but ultimately I couldn’t knock back a top 5 mid when I’m in the window and it also helped improve my draft hand. With Macrae and now Mitchell I’m hoping these two are scoring close to 250 between them each week and Cripps looked back to his best on the weekend, hopefully that continues.

Once I’d made that call I was on the hunt to upgrade Bergman, which I was keen to do with Smith. Crisp wasn’t really on my radar as I thought he’d cost too much, but once he was included in the deal I was happy to pull the trigger and strengthen my backline, which was a weakness coming in following Sheppard’s retirement.

Later picks swaps was the next priority and am glad to have the majority of picks now done by the 120s. I’ll probably need to find three keepers to cover the losses of Gray, Mundy and Selwood, but am confident of being able to find something in the draft.

Ultimately I’ve added another 100-115 points to my average score compared to last season, so I’m giving myself a chance again.

Likely best 20 below, will be watching Selwood’s touted HF role closely for a mid season position change:

Smith, Haynes, Newman
Quaynor, Rich, Crisp
Mundy, Prestia, Cripps
Duncan, Stringer, Parish
Lambert, English, Neal-Bullen
Stanley, Mitchell, Macrae

Int: Gray, Selwood

Fingers crossed I can go one better this season, but they are bloody hard to win. I’m due a bit of luck with injury and have got through this weekend so far with only Gray and Prestia hurting themselves, so things are looking on the up…

Good luck to all teams and let’s get drafting!

3 Likes

@saladin
I’m ready when you are to start the draft.

1 Like

Tough to split the top two picks this year

Pick 4 got a bit complicated over the past 2 days!

I was actually pretty happy with picks 11, 17 and 20.
Had a good group of players lined up for those picks.
Half of them have barely played so I doubt I’ll go with those players.

I’m happy with whoever is left over at 2 and 11.
17 and 20 could end up being poorly taken reaches.

Floating the opportunity for finalists to pick up either of 32 year olds, Shuey and Ward.
They would make very good fifth mids.

I’m looking for a 75+ scoring B if anyone wants to trade one that’s interested in picks or youth.

If anyone is interested in these guys…

Steven Motlop PA F 57
James Rowe Ade F 56 (68 over the last four)
Kane Ferrell PA FC 64
Ned Long Haw C
Jaxon Prior Bris CB 43
Adam Tomlinson Melb CB 48
Luke Cleary WB B 63
Brennan Cox Fre B 64 (72 over the last four)
Joel Jeffrey GC FB 55

Send me a PM.
Others are available, but unlikely to be traded.

Send me offers on Jack Sinclair.

Best offer gets it.

Will consider offers for May/McGovern (neither average 75+ but both are dependable when they play and can ton), but by no means a fire sale.

If anyone is interested in a young developing ruckman let me know. I’ll put Tom De Koning on the table. Preferably after a good scorer in return, all positions considered.

It’s heating up, contenders.
May or McGovern.

Crikey, I didn’t see that Quaynor trade coming .

1 Like

It would be handy if people actually posted a list. They may actually get more of a bidding war over a player.
Instead we have to go hunting for trades by PM.

I’m after young mids and backs so all my picks are available. PM me and not Mendoza.

1 Like

Y’know…people could actually ask for the players they want. If they want them.
Just saying.

Edit: quietly seething that TAFKAFD wouldn’t give me Slipknot’s drummer.

1 Like

Concur.
Massive trade. Kudos.