2023 trade talk (Part 3)

Not bad at all, but I feel it’s always risky to only have one decent pick in any draft. Leaves too much risk on one pick for list building.

Ideally, you pick up 2 future best 22 players each draft. One who can be a club top 10 and one who is a very solid senior player. Having failed draft years causes list balance to faulter.

If North offers them say 2 and 8 for 1. West Coast will do it.

They need a bunch of young players into the team asap. They will likely have the number 1 pick next year and the year after that anyway

Fair call. I just think Reid is genuinely that good he is so hard to pass up.

2 Likes

It’s a hard decision

17 & 18 for 9 though. Would either club do that?

Just doesn’t make sense this year from all reports.

1 Like

There is no way Hawks trade Ryan for Gunston

5 Likes

North would jump at that

1 Like

For (hopefully) the last time, we can not trade our future 1st with guys like JUH and King coming out of contract next season. It totally removes us as an option.

I though Stevens became a political journo or am i remembering that wrong?

I know that’s a concern.
More likely JUH signs. We end up with a pick this year outside the top draftees and pick 11 next year - we’re making finals.

Regardless, you don’t trade it. You keep options open. You should only ever cough up a future firs for a proven, known quantity.

1 Like

But you’d do it to get Harley Reid?
I thought Melbourne traded a future 1st to get Oliver. Despite what he’s going through now, that had a massive hand in then winning a flag. Probably don’t win without Oliver.
I don’t disagree with you. Has Duursma got potential superstar about him? I have no idea.
If JUH is a real chance then you keep 2024.

1 Like

Yeah well, that’s his job to know this stuff, he isn’t some random guy just attending footy games.

2 Likes

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: Lunchtime Catch Up Podcast - Instant reaction to Pies loss

Don’t be surprised if you hear about a kitchen sink offer to West Coast for pick 1.

Speculating something like 2023 first, 2024 first, 2024 second, Guelfi, Bryan and another player.

Don’t think Bryan can be included but it would be something like that.

3 Likes

Done. Sign me up

2 Likes

Don’t see west coast trading pick 1 without a pick in the top 5 or 6 coming back

5 Likes

Not possible unless we trade in another 2024 second or first.