2023 trade talk (Part 1)

Moved from main boards

1 Like

…

Well that rules out Ben McKay as free agent. More likely to look at stop gap/coverage like Oscar McDonald in MSD which had been reported we had an interest in.

With kpd scenarios out of the equation

Who else are we going for? What’s our specific needs?

I’d assume will be likely one free agent and one trade target

2 Likes

Wouldn’t mind another 188cm+ Bull at the stoppages…Matt Kennedy or see if Will Brodie wants to return to Vic, both not getting the opportunity they would like.

2 Likes

No stop gaps please, get games into the kids.

16 Likes

Brodie played every available game last year (24), and has played 5 this year.

1 Like

Shouldn’t this be on the recruiting board rather than the main board?

@saladin ?

Wouldn’t surprise me if one of those players is Ben McKay. I was really hoping we wouldn’t go down that track and one of the boys we had recruited turns into that Steven May type of player. Think we need to bite the bullet and recruit. We are also lacking an elite Forward and another gun inside mid. We got exposed by Geelong on a few fronts on the weekend and the middle was one place. The move of Stringer in the middle by necessity was a concern and unless we are going to develop Archie in there I think another big mid is critical.

2 Likes

Ok, heard he was out of favour at Freo right now, definitely not playing the quality footy he was last season.

Oh goodie.

We’re going to get ahead of ourselves again, and trade out picks.

2 Likes

I don’t think we need a key forward necessarily, but a key back definitely, plus a big mid - I’d say they are the positions tom be targeted. One of those Sam blokes from Suns and Giants would be alright for the backman

1 Like

To be honest, I’d prefer one more year of drafting and hit trades next year. Which I suppose Harvey’s comments don’t preclude, he doesn’t say when we’re targeting those players for.

If I had to name two preferences to target this year, to keep our picks I’d hope we’re targeting Gresham and Doedee. Neither is a need, but both quality, and RFAs so we’d keep our draft picks.

2 Likes

Maybe Jake could have a word with Tom :smirk:

Not a good look to be dropped from a bottom 6 side though. That said, I don’t think he’s defensive enough for us.

I was hoping we’d have another bottom 4 finish and perhaps 2 top 5 picks if Darcy walked, that way we focus on elite young talent as opposed to getting excited and trading for established players.

Whatever happens I think we need forward half class.

3 Likes

We’re gonna fark it up. Just enjoy the ride down.

2 Likes

FA that don’t cost draft capital is fine, as our cap situation allows us to get aggressive, we can front end as well so we can continue to be aggressive in the years to come.

1 Like

He did say “if Dodoro can pull the trades off” so I take that as he thinks Dodoro ain’t going anywhere.

3 Likes

What event was this??

That contradicts what Vozzo publicly said about us only chasing free agents

If we can’t get McKay (who wouldn’t cost picks unless they match) then I hope we are looking at Esava. He is 3 times the size of any backman we have and can play

2 Likes