2023 trade talk (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from 2023 trade talk (Part 1) - #10046 by j_w.

Previous discussions:

1 Like

keep trading

4 Likes

Welcome to Essendon Buddy Franklin.

1 Like

@Humble_Minion Can we do that because we suck too

Sack Dodoro, getting in early.

3 Likes

Not letting @Houli_Dooli get away with the fact that he has suggested a hypothetical Bont trade.

I really donā€™t see how we can improve from here.

1 Like
Is it worth Trading for Tarryn Thomas?
  • No - Too much baggage
  • Yes - Swing for the fences Dodoro, BDB wil keep Thomas in check

0 voters

Who is Tarryn Thomas?

I only know Tarryn TRINDALL.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure a big money, long term deal for Ratagolea screams ā€œwell thought out rebuildā€. Iā€™m wondering if some improved form in the back half of the year has Mitchell overestimating where they are at and then overplaying his hand, Essendon 2017 style.

12 Likes

People talk about the embarrassing ā– ā– ā– ā–  Essendon has gotten up to in recent years (and rightfully so!) and forget how embarrassing for the Whoreks that coach Mitchell was on the phone calling every other club trying to flog off every guy on their list over 25

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s what theyā€™ll pay him, but if you have a heap of cap and you can front end a contract then get the player you need. Especially if youā€™re not using a heap of draft capital.
Hawthorn have shown themselves to be ruthless, something weā€™re not

1 Like

I wonder if @Riolio has plans to go camping during trade period this year?

4 Likes

Get good kids now before the draft is compromised further by Tassie joining.

3 Likes

Why didnā€™t Dodoro think of that?

1 Like

Only bring in quality players, not jobbers.
Which is a completely realistic and achievable expectation.

1 Like

Iā€™m not quite on board with the whole Tarryn Thomas thing, but the best case scenario of him playing good football as a midfielder for us is very tempting.

With Stringer really not being able effectively play the role of explosive, X factor midfielder any more, it is potentially an opportunity. I can see why we might be interested.

7 Likes

Itā€™s worth raising Stringer, as I think theyā€™re comparable situations.

We donā€™t have the established culture like Geelong or Sydney to get the best out of Thomas, just like we havenā€™t gotten the best out of Stringer

5 Likes

Itā€™s a difficult one.
Love him as a player for us. Heā€™s done some terrible stuff. Everyone deserves a second chance, but heā€™s also one more ā€˜mishapā€™ from never playing again.
Tis a tough one.

2 Likes

Thats why we donā€™t/wonā€™t pay too much for him.

1 Like

Crows want BZT with Murray sidelined for next season.

Doodee would fit in our side well