#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - goes alright

I’ll insist MrHeff wheel me out of the nursing home and I’ll go out in a blaze of glory.

5 Likes

Here’s one out of left field. Make 2MP skipper. No nonsense sort of guy who hasn’t been around the club too long to be stained by the culture.

I said this exact thing in the last thread.
A few weeks back he said it can turn quickly and I said the same. We have been ■■■■ since he’s been here.
What turn do you think you have seen Hep?

For the record I liked what he had to say and his demeanor but it really does just seem that from top to bottom the club is delusional.

We should off load Shiel however we can. Pay some wages and take round 3.

1 Like

Maybe we need to do a George Costanza and do the opposite of the gane plan.

9 Likes

What about the “did you want someone to give away a free kick and a fifty” like he thought they were still in the match………kudos for turning up for the interview but honestly how the hell is this guy the captain.

3 Likes

simply made up.

2 Likes

The Sheil ‘response’ everyone wanted is so over blown. You are damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

The correct response what to put your head over it and get the clearance which is exactly what we did.

If we bowled over Parker and got that clearance reversed everyone here would have been screaming ‘what stupid footballers we are’.

The Heppel interview should never happened. Bad call by the PR department. The only thing that matters is how we perform on Saturday night. That’s when we judge.

6 Likes

100% agree. Sad to see him like that.

4 Likes

Rutten should have fronted up tonight if he did and said that’s it on him why we are playing like ■■■■ he would have gained a lot of respect

Really, really bad interview. When he commented about believing in the coach, his face said the exact opposite.

He also couldn’t describe what the game style when asked at the end (good question BTW)

His demeanor was awful. Far too defensive and combative. There is no way he could possibly defend that effort or the response to the Shiel situation. He needed to sit there and ■■■■■■■ take it. He may think the supporters would appreciate the combative attitude, but we really don’t. We would love a chance to ask those direct questions and rip the players a new one just like the panel did.

Stop pretending you stand for something mate, because it’s quite clear you ■■■■■■■ don’t.

3 Likes

He really does seem like one of the best blokes in footy, with a great outlook on life.

That probably doesn’t make him a good candidate to be a captain, but he’s very hard person to dislike.

Kinda wish he didn’t do that interview, though.

27 Likes

Shiel must be a right ■■■■ for them to not give a ■■■■

Seems like a great bloke, would be an amazing counselor or similar. At the moment we need a tough uncompromising bastard as captain. Someone who can lead the kids into battle and inspire them to give 100% at all times when on the field. Poor bastard was thrown to the wolves

2 Likes

For a 200 game Captain he did not handle it well and they were very balanced with their questions.

Its because we’re finally under the microscope and weve not got a ■■■■■■■ clue.

2 Likes

He was exactly what was needed to bring the players out of the saga and the psychological impact it had.

We now need a different type of captain. I strongly suspect this is the last season.

Someone had to front the media. I give him credit for doing what our President or CEO should have done.

8 Likes

Let’s be honest, he came away from that looking absolutely ridiculous. He was embarrassed by some elementary questions.

This guy is voted in as captain every year in a landslide, apparently.

No wonder McGrath doesn’t have a fkn clue about standards- he’s had Worsfold and Rutten as coaches, along with Heppell as captain.

5 Likes

You’re 100% right here mate. That should have been Rutten fronting up to cop the thrashing. You can question Helps ability at times but he does always give his all for the club and we know how he personally will respond…what about truck?

4 Likes

I will say what I have always thought about Dyson.

Great person. Kind of person that everyone likes. I can see why all of the guys really love him. However, he isn’t captain material.

Being a likeable guy doesn’t make you a good captain.

14 Likes