#25 Jake Stringer (Part 2)

That wouldn’t surprise me. His running style looks limited, more of a shuffle than a stride. He has been running/shuffling like this for weeks.

2 Likes

Absolutely, not for one game has he looked like he did in the 2nd half of last year.

1 Like

Would help him lose the weight!

EDIT:
And FWIW you’re spot on with the gist. Much more to be gained by getting everyone fit now, and starting next season well. But, you know, we’re Essendon. Fighting 11th place coming up.

Just watched the last qtr.
Was absolutely woeful.
Fluffed up every single opportunity he had, and in a big way.

I have no issue with him taking that set shot on the boundary, as he can kick those.
Actually was a decent kick.

All his other touches in the last were putrid !

3 Likes

Out of interest has anyone got access to Stringer’s distance covered yesterday?
Reason I’m asking is that I was surprised a couple of times early to see him chase, fruitlessly admittedly, all the way back to the defensive 50 & beyond.
So
Unfit?
OP?
Blew himself up?
Any combination of the above?

nino in shambles, riewoldt called stringer out on the couch

I missed it what did say

Exactly. He’s doing for us what he did for the Dogs, just as Joe is doing for Brisbane exactly what he did for us. Oh, except that he’s actually getting on the park.

He always looks like that except when he’s actually chasing the ball. Then he moves just fine.

1 Like

He really need to lose his selfishness.

I’ve heard multiple demon players say that a huge reason for winning a prem was players doing the team thing every single time without question.

Jake is so far from that it’s not funny.

3 Likes

TBH I dont even blame jake stringer. We brought him in to do the impossible, win games off his own boot, not to chase and corall and play a strong defensive game. We made finals last season based off his selfish brilliance. Why would he do anything different? We arent a strong enough team to shape him into a more rounded player.

2 Likes

It’s true though

Show this to Stringer on his exit interview this year and give him a number he has to reach and he doesn’t play until he does.

If he isn’t on board with that, trade him.

2 Likes

Bet you didn’t hear that from Bailey Fritsch.

2 Likes

Not rounded? Some say he’s too round! Make up your minds, FFS.

Half of Blitz thought he was captaincy material after he’d played half a good season… hahaha.

We actually brought him to play midfield, which required him to become way fitter than he was at the dogs.

Stringer only had the application to do that in the last 10 weeks of his contract year

Ummm…more like his whole career.

Prime example.

Fritsch did not do that in 2021.

Starts doing that in 2022 and they’re in a form slump

Yeah he did. He just kicked goals instead of behinds.

Good luck trying to introduce this into AFLW sports, huge meltdown!