#34 Kyle Hardingham

Oh yeah Geelong... Ablett, Byrnes, Varcoe, Christensen and now Lonergan.

To be fair, Shannon Byrnes was essentially an 88kg potato.
A premiership winning potato.

he had a lot of apeel

No doubt had a chip on his shoulder though.

got baked a few times for that

he had a lot of apeel

and as usual he scalloped away at the first sign of trouble...

he had a lot of apeel

He got fried a lot as well...
EDIT: reading that back..... I suck

we are a going to have a fair few draft picks this year.
Licha
Ryder
Hardingham
Jetta
Kav
probably Van Unen, Gregory.

But where are the picks going to come from? Don't we currently have only three in the main draft? I guess we will get one for Ryder, we can upgrade a rookie or two and pick up another in the pre-season draft but it looks like we could still struggle to replace all the players leaving.
There's as many picks in the main draw as you need.
Not that they tend to be much good once everybody else starts passing.

Replacing spuds with more spuds

Actually, Geelong have more players under contract looking to get out than we do - Lonergan, Varcoe, Christensen.

Pies too - Beams, Lumumba, both of whom finished Top 5 in the Pies B&F this year.

We technically only have Ryder - Winderlich is in the twilight zone of having retired but re-considering playing given he has triggered a clause enabling him to play on for us but indicating he would rather finish his career at the Tigers, for presumably much more money.

We have done mighty well to hold things together as we have considering all that has gone on relative to other clubs and the daily media crap we have to endure.

And Chappy

he had a lot of apeel

Not sure he's ever been assaulted.

Losing Byrnes really tore the heart out of them, surprised they recovered at all... ;)

And Ablett was 4? years back. Bomba was still there, not sure it's all that relevant.

Simpkin, Podsiadly in the last 2 years hurt them a bit, made out like bandits getting something for Trent West.

I am reliably  informed  that a few weeks ago when the Hardingham story broke re him possibly going , his manager said nah  nothign to do with the saga he is happy , loves the club etc etc , He just wants more game time which is fair enough Now its the saga fault as he probalbly thinks that it will enhance Kyles prospects of release when the guy was probably gone anyway ...when in doubt blame the saga...Just go ,no need to be dishonourable about it .

I am reliably  informed  that a few weeks ago when the Hardingham story broke re him possibly going , his manager said nah  nothign to do with the saga he is happy , loves the club etc etc , He just wants more game time which is fair enough Now its the saga fault as he probalbly thinks that it will enhance Kyles prospects of release when the guy was probably gone anyway ...when in doubt blame the saga...Just go ,no need to be dishonourable about it .

Might actually work in our favour.

"Average player on the way to delistment central looking for job" vs "Required player walks out", might fox a club into thinking he's got more (any) value!

"Average player on the way to delistment central looking for job" vs "Required player walks out", might fox a club into thinking he's got more (any) value!

yeah could do , but he is only worth what someone will pay and that aint going to be much no matter what type of refugee he is.  There is the preseason draft if no one loves him enough to pay ...He only needed to stick to the game time thing and everyone was  happy for him  , but once he allows his  manager to sprout this  alternative It just diminishes the guy .

How about a straight swap for Barlow?

I don't see how that can work... any recruitment manager worth their weight in ■■■■ would know his limitations as a footballer.  Just putting him in the news isn't going to change that. 

:unsure:

Thats setting the Barhigh

Doesn’t look like he is getting many bites, Benny Howlett just tweeted that clubs are mad for not taking him and he will take mark of the year one day.

Needs to hold the mark first

Surprised that lesser players have been picked up by clubs.

Surprised clubs aren’t looking at him for a backman, even though his form was quiet as a forward most of his good footy has been down back. Useful for a few clubs IMHO.

Hardingham locked in Stars coach

Luke D’Anello, Moonee Valley Leader

ESSENDON Doutta Stars is capable of becoming a much more formidable opponent in Essendon District Football League Premier Division next season after narrowly escaping relegation.

That’s the view of new coach and former Essendon player Kyle Hardingham, who has replaced Dean Wallis at the helm after steering Pascoe Vale alongside Adam Contessa for the past two years.

The Stars lost their first 12 games of the campaign before a miraculous recovery resulted in three wins from the final six matches and consigned West Coburg to the dreaded drop.

Jordan Schroder, Jordan Angus and Tom Wallis - the top three in this season’s best and fairest – have re-signed for 2019, along with skipper Jordan Rogers.

The 30-year-old Hardingham, who made 65 appearances for the Bombers at AFL level from 2010-2014, will also boost Essendon Doutta Stars’ on-field stocks.

Essendon Doutta Stars coach Kyle Hardingham shows off his new colours.

“I know they’re running on a bit of a high from that last win against Greenvale, so they’re managing to keep the list together and hopefully we can add a little bit of talent as well,” Hardingham said.

“You know how quickly the EDFL seems to turnaround in terms of sides being competitive, so anything can happen over a pre-season really.

“I’m not going to say we’re going to go and make finals in my first year or anything, but I’m really looking just to go back to the start and basically teach them some real key method around defence and work on the attack and make (Nipper Jordan Oval) our fortress.

“It’s probably the best oval to play on in the EDFL, with the size and that, so once we can defend that really well we can work on our attack and open up the opposition.”

The club has won 17 premierships in the top flight, the last coming in 1999.

Kyle Hardingham on the burst for Pascoe Vale. Picture: AAP/ Chris Eastman.

The Stars secured a return to Premier Division when they claimed the 2015 Division 1 flag and have finished fifth, seventh and ninth the past three seasons.

Hardingham said developing their young list would be his priority but he made it clear he had big plans for Essendon Doutta Stars.

“The biggest thing I find is just learning about the competition, but also the styles and the way opposition sides play,” he said of his two-year stint at Pascoe Vale.

“It’s a weird competition, in terms of you just can’t pick who’s going to come out and be the one to beat.

“It showed this year with (premier) Aberfeldie. Not many people probably rated them to be where they were and they’ve come out and done it again.

“Obviously we aspire to get to that. I’m hoping to get to Douttas, change the culture down there, make it a real family environment and hopefully make it a club where players want to go to and become that powerhouse club they used to be and get back to the top.”

6 Likes

Good on the bloke. Wish him every success as both a coach & player with his new team. Cheers for sharing.

6 Likes