#36 Michael Hartley

i thought about the hair the other night and wondered if it’s not a ploy to confuse forwards as to which one is Frang, and which one is not!

Very cunning, …

1 Like

Need him to play on Cox.

1 Like

NINA FROM THE CLOUDS

3 Likes

Not that I necessarily think he’s the answer - but could he come in this week for Brown? Swing Hooksy forward? We have very little options

3 Likes

EN
OH

NO!

He may be a good long kick but he is a poor defender. Would just about be the most obvious delisting at seasons end you would think at this stage

Just have JoeD / Hartley / Stringer bombing them from distance.

Legitimate plan B strategy.

Say that again and I will report you.

What other options do we have? Every tall on our list is fkn injured

Walla to CHF and Hooker stays back is a better option

Could definitely happen

Countering Cats defensive marking/intercept strength with someone they can’t easily outmark

Both Hooker and JD there would ensure ball also gets to ground for our dangerous smalls

He is our only genuine kpd depth.

3 Likes

All the whingeing about Mick Hartley — it’s exactly the way Blitz used to whinge about Chooker in his first couple of years with us.

I hope Hartley’s selected tomorrow — he’s earnt it — and we need him.

3 Likes

why not kick it to the centre every time
better than taking risks

1 Like

Fixed.

Except hooker was never delisted by another club first

I wouldn’t even consider him depth to be honest.I have no confidence in him coming into the team at a pinch and holding his own down back

No, but Essendon tried to delist him, only he refused to go — said he’d rather play VFL — and look at him now.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be the first time you’d been wrong about Australian Rules, either. You need hard men in this game but we’re a bit light on hard men these days at Essendon. Hartley’s tough as they come - he’s already had his nose spread across his face for this Club: we owe him. Give him a fair go and he’ll repay the trust, just as Chooker has done.

2 Likes