#36 Michael Hartley

No Ambrose this week. Gonna be hard up against it against Jack. Gonna need some help, hope he doesn’t panic and give away the free kicks he has been in the last 3 weeks.

IMO his issue in 1 on 1 contests has been that he takes his eye off the ball & goes searching for the body of his opponent. I’d much rather he back himself in and just attack the ball which is what I think worked well for him last season.

9 Likes

Darling 7 marks & 7 shots
Kennedy 4 marks and 6 shots

I know who they kick it to more

1 Like

Down on confidence = second guessing

IMHO

1 Like

Do you truly believe Dea is big enough for a key position? He is a HBF, who has been given tasks this year on bigger blokes than himself & acquitted himself quite well. You should be really comparing him to Kelly, but Pops hasn’t been asked to play on bigger blokes this year & has been given licence to run off his opponent.
You believe our 3 KPD should be Hurley, Ambrose & Brown, I believe it should be Hurley, Ambrose & Hartley.
Brown 2017 - 4 games 1W 3L
Hartley 2017 - 5 games 4W 1L & against the best FF in the comp last week took 13 marks

2 Likes

Great move by Blitz. Call for Hartley to be dropped when he is up against a huge challenge this week. Player responds like JD, Hurley, Watson and Zacka and puts in a blinder!

2 Likes

Is anything ever NOT in your honest opinion?

I appreciate your permission

You want me to be more arrogant?

3 Likes

bring it

Don’t tell me what to do

2 Likes

Seeing as though we’re starting to win again I think we should all get a fair smack of arrogance back. We…are…ESSENDON!

Humility has no place in the internerd dichotomy.

yeh ■■■■ you hap.

■■■■ all of you. each and every one.

I fkn hope so. But he’s a bit down on form/confidence is Harts. He’s going to have a dog of a season that’s pretty obvious but there’s signs. The last half last week his tail was up a bit, and we’ve seen how he performs in a decimated team like last season. Plenty there to work with.

Can’t wait until we can have Hurley (no brainer), Ambrose and Hartley in the same side. I like what Ambrose is and I like what Hartley could be.

1 Like

Not really, I’ve just wondered why people say “imho”

I doubt you ever have a opinion where your lying

1 Like

Signs that perhaps the confidence is returning from his second half. He was beaten on the day but much better in the second half. A return of the golden fist and was going for his marks a bit more. Our mids and forwards need to look after him early this week, maximum pressure on the ball going inside their F50, give him (and more so Hurls/Dea for the intercept) best chance to halve a contest.

I have tried to see how Ambrose does this. This is all about maintaining contact, either side by side or behind. When behind Ambrose often has his arms underneath his opponents arms and without wrapping him up, lifts his arms at the time when the ball is about to come in, This is never seen as chopping the arms, but it disturbs his opponents arms enough to spoil the mark.
When side by side Ambrose has enough body strength to effectively disturb most of the players he competes with and prevent the mark. Ambrose can jump well and put in spoils in packs. ( watch out for those quads Ambo)

By contrast, Harts tends to wrap his arms around his opponent, or spoil over the top, and it costs frees for holding or chopping. Other times he just loses contact on really mobile opponents. Harts is good at spoiling in packs and is potentially a better mark and longer kick than Ambo.

1 Like

He may or may not be in great form atm but he sure as ■■■■ has some quality forwards to train against to help him get to where he needs to be.