#40 Ben Howlett - Delisted

Think alot of us are forgetting how valuable this bloke can be. Especially with his tackling and even can snag goals.

4 Likes

Onya Benny.

1 Like

He will be asked to do a specific job and he will try his hardest to get that job done as well as he can. He’s a team man through and through.

4 Likes

Yeah my memory is that he just lost his mark far too easy. Probably just an instinctive ball hunter, unfortunately for him he just isn’t quite good enough in that role.

1 Like

Yeah good selection.
Will crash into packs, do some grunt work on a more than likely damp day.

1 Like

Terrible selection. Has hurt the team with his poor disposal and poor decision making in every AFL level game he’s played in this year.

Benny has also assisted the side with good disposal and good decision making in every game he has played this year.

Still, I would’ve given one of the younger guys a taste of AFL footy.

So what’s he worth on the trade table?

Nothing.

1 Like

Then playing him is even more stupid than I thought.

I concur.

Ben wa balls.

Bobcat.

I hope his last senior game today. We just can’t play midfielders that struggle to get 15 possessions assuming they are not also shutting a gun down.
Thanks for the service Ben!

It doesn’t seem to matter who we put in that position (Lang/Lav/Bobcat) the result seems to be 12-15 possession and a shot at goal…

Last time Langford played he had 19 possessions and was dropped.
I guess if we have midfielders that can’t find the ball, we’re better going for young guys as most midfielders increase their possessions over time.

1 Like

there’s generally 350-400 disposals to share around a game. You just can’t have 22 players with 25+

whether he gets 15 or 20 touches is irrelevant

1 Like

I literally didn’t realise he was playing until the 3rd quarter.

He was actually good form the first QTR and a bit when he had the role on Docherty. For some reason that role was stopped and Docherty was allowed to roam free?

If someone is playing as a midfielder you are quite wrong. No doubt other items come into it e.g goals, ability to shut down a player etc. Sadly Howlett is not adding much value there either.