#40 Ben Howlett - Delisted

All the best Ben, thanks for all your efforts and i hope you find peace and happiness in the next direction of your life.

1 Like

Good cleanup by the club. It would have happened last year in different circumstances.

Love this tough ■■■■. All the best for the future bobcat!

Loved Bobcat. Played footy as it should be. Tough as nails.

2 Likes

All the best Howlett. Hope to see your face again somewhere in the AFL industry. It’s always tough to see such a honourable clubman go.

2 Likes

There was the game against, I think, Port where he streamed into 50 twice, had a number of short targets and Green against 3 defenders as a long target.

Went for Green and predictably came back the other way. I reckon that’s a massive black mark.

1 Like

Sorry about Howlett in a way. His toughness and experience will be a loss.
Seems to be a real decent bloke into the bargain.
All the best Ben and thank you for your contribution to our club.

3 Likes

#BackIn

5 Likes

What do you mean?

1 Like

Presume he has signed with our VFL side

I hope not. No offence to these guys, but I want the youngsters getting mid time. Hocking, NOB and Howlett seems overkill.

I thought NOB had moved on to the EDFL?

Two senior blokes in the VFL side is about right imho. As long as there’s few young blokes (preferably including indigenous representation) on the VFL list to go with them, we’re probably ok.

We probably could use at least one solid VFL level kpp to help out Lavender/Zerk/Francis, but other than that, our AFL-listed guys should be able to carry a lot of the weight this year.

3 Likes

Has he? Well that might change things.

Pretty sure he has gone

Yeah, NOB is gone.

Hocking to his credit didn’t line up in the square often at all last year so I suspect that will be the case again. Howlett did though so hopefully he doesn’t take to much time away from the young guys.

They are both club men though so I suspect they will want what’s best for the team.

2 Likes

Also won’t have Bird in there this year who was a big body for nearly the entire season.

2 Likes

Sorry too sleepy on a Friday night to notice that he retweeted Heath Hocking’s tweet :wink:

11 Likes

Interesting NOB has gone - who is likely to be captain?

Hocking for me

1 Like

Hocking would have to be favourite

1 Like