#41 Will Hams

Surname begins with H. Enough said.

I think he will always be too small unfortunately but he certainly won't die wondering!

yep, he will get hurt, we know it and he knows it but I agree that he will never shirk a contest.

fan of the kid, brave as ***k.

How good is he around the contested footy!? One touch, brave, evasive, efficient skills, good vision. Will make it as an AFL player because he has the tools and wants it SOOOooo bad. One of the seasons bright points. Early season game at Vic Park set the tone. We got flogged early and it was 30kg of scrawny bones and a mop of hair, playing in his 1st ever VFL game, who kept us in the game and then turned it. Was a clearance freak that day.

PSD pick? What a bonus.

How come he went in the PSD, rather than the ND?

Edit: was size a concern?

How good is he around the contested footy!? One touch, brave, evasive, efficient skills, good vision. Will make it as an AFL player because he has the tools and wants it SOOOooo bad. One of the seasons bright points. Early season game at Vic Park set the tone. We got flogged early and it was 30kg of scrawny bones and a mop of hair, playing in his 1st ever VFL game, who kept us in the game and then turned it. Was a clearance freak that day.
PSD pick? What a bonus.

■■■■■■ oath.

Fk that piece of play in GIF is so good. Despite being poleaxed still flicks the ball out to our advantage.

You can’t teach that courage and fearlessness. Hird like.

Going to be a gun.

Hams sizzles in a contest and i'm not telling porkies. Needs to be rationed in 2014 - fatten him up for a full chop at the bacon in 2015. 

A Deli (Cory), Ham small forward line should carve up the opposition.

All I got....

NB: I havent been banned for a while - that should just about do it..

How come he went in the PSD, rather than the ND?
Edit: was size a concern?

Hm is probably best to answer, given he'd have seen him at U18. But you'd think it can only have been his size. I saw him play a practice match at tulla and came away impressed. By the end of the next game at Vic Park, I could not for the life of me work out how he had been overlooked in the first 100 picks or so.
I suspect clubs these days are often looking for reasons why they shouldn't pick certain kids, such is the pressure to get it right. We shouldn't make that same mistake with Garlett, imo.

PSD pick? What a bonus.

Argh, the KAV! kiss of death.

Go away, he's mine. Like Carlisle.

So his skills are adequate? I gather his heart, desire and agression and perhaps footy nous (yes?) are good but here's hoping his gathering, kicking etc. are all good enough

"Get me Ham on 5, hold the Mayo"

-Captain Oveur

I am with Peeto. Will be looking next season at the core competencies - kicking and decision-making.

I think he will always be too small unfortunately but he certainly won't die wondering!

yep, he will get hurt, we know it and he knows it but I agree that he will never shirk a contest.

fan of the kid, brave as ***k.
Agree,he's got an appetite for a contest,just needs time to fill out..
That contest vs Carlton,had Hird written all over him,gutsy...

Leroy could have been Mercuri-like … Has the skills but lacks awareness and confidence. Anyway, off topic.

Hams …

Was at the Carlton game and that effort in the gif was epic. The dying moments of the game when the result could have gone against us if Carlton won that loose ball. This kid jumped in and saved the game with that contest. Hirdy would have loved it. And he’s won a fan in me.

His disposal and decision making is excellent imo - seen him live 3 times...

Just needs maturity in body and does he have the hunger.....?

If he doesnt grow then that is an issue. Another 7kg plus some muscle = Could be anything 

Club site says he’s 180cm - that’s halfway between Gary ablett jnr and Cyril rioli and he may add a cm or two

Club site says he's 180cm - that's halfway between Gary ablett jnr and Cyril rioli and he may add a cm or two

Lol. They are lying.

Who’s lying? EFC, suns or hawks? Brent Harvey is just 172cm (apparently)

Who's lying? EFC, suns or hawks? Brent Harvey is just 172cm (apparently)

WTF?

Um, we are; no way Hams is anywhere near 180. Suns or Whoreks? Harvey is a dwarf. Best he go nowhere near Dal Santo.

Wasn’t sure whether you meant EFC lying about hams, hawks lying about Cyril or suns lying about ablett

Lol dal santo and Harvey - we may see Harvey really on fire next season