#42 Adam Saad

Phew! Still got time to shred before the wedding.

1 Like

Few of the boys there

6 Likes

Well that’s a relief.
Clearly the in-laws have been fattening him up with all those syrup drenched pastries at the pre-engagement meetups, which, being a future son-in-law, he just had to politely scarf.
Now the announcement has been made he can get back to focusing on football

3 Likes

He played some dismal footy when he was not on his game though!

He would fit right in then.

Congratulations are in order. Well done to Adam and his intended.

Saad is my smokey to make the All-Australian team this year. I was very happy when we got him from GC but I had no idea how good he really was. He’s pretty much your perfect medium defender:

• Can lock down on a player and defend at ground level or in the air.
  • Has beautiful skills and clean ball handling
  • and then there’s the obvious speed which he uses just as much in defence as he does when he’s going on his ridiculous line-breaking runs

The only thing he hasn’t shown is an ability to accumulate possessions which is half to do with him being so damaging and direct that he doesn’t have the opportunity to get follow up touches. The other half would be his role e.g. not in Goddards loose man role. Either way I expect his numbers to improve this year so to at least get the attention of the nuffies on the AA team selection committee.

16 Likes

Yep, up there with a handful of most important players on our list, in my opinion.

+1 for AA chance this year

Nice gesture from Saad here.

15 Likes

100% respect. He’s a gun, and a better bloke than he is a player. Love him

13 Likes

Thought his run from the backline earlier in the game (when it was more in the balance) was super important. You can tell our defence are told to look for him whenever possible to run it out.

Always can count on him for a great defensive effort as well, the spoil or even just bodying out his opponent. Love how he has such a great balance between attack and defence.

Underrated pickup and stoked he is playing for us.

4 Likes

took a great mark cutting across ben brown

7 Likes

Legitimately the most under rated player in our team. He is incredible.

■■■■■■ superstar, in all Australian form

34 Likes

A huge reason we got back into the game and nearly won it.

4 Likes

■■■■■■■ gun

3 Likes

Almost got us over the line.

Amazing effort today

4 Likes

Is said at the start of the year he is a Smokey for the bnf. I stand by that

3 Likes

Jet.