#42 Adam Saad

Saad should be a priority and it should be the deal we get done first. He’s a great duo for McKenna and he compliments our team nicely.

4 Likes

Smith is my priority

6 Likes

And won’t he look great carrying the ball out of the backline after every farking centre clearance by the opposition because we neglected picking up a decent midfielder or 2. Smith should be the priority, Stringer the mid/forward next and then Saad. We can’t keep fighting our battles by constantly defending with a pissweak midfield. This is the next step. We fark these trades up then it’s back to pack.

1 Like

and if you don’t get saad, mcgrath doesn’t move into the midfield, and you still have to find a replacement for kelly.

I would say the importance goes
Saad
smith
stringer.

Smith will no doubt get more midfield time with us, but he’s still not going to stop the center square dominance other teams had over us.

And hopefully with better combos in there with hepp, parish, zerrett, mcgrath what you say hopefully won’t happen as much anyway.

I’d still prefer all 3 as it gives us enormous flexibility however, but if only 2, i’d take saad and smith.

1 Like
2 Likes

Well sure, but what has Geelong even achieved since 94?

I would say
Stringer
Saad
Smith
Stringer is real talent and has the most upside. If he returns to his best then 11 is a steal - not saying we should just give that up
Agreed Saad helps the transition of McGrath up the ground and provides deadly run and carry to complement McKenna.
I like Smith but he’s another small mid and he has had injury issues. He’s classy and a big upgrade on someone like Colyer.
I want all three but that’s my order.

2 Likes

McGrath moves into the midfield no matter what.
In Dea and McNeice in.

Saad > (Dea + McNeice)

2 Likes

Yeah my order is also Stringer > Saad > Smith

Stringer only just ahead of Saad. Dev will be a great pickup, but the other 2 will add more to our team imo.

My though are you overpay for Stringer but not the other two. Saad is the easiest one to walk away from.

1 Like

Don’t disagree with any of that but we need a replacement for Kelly and we need to release McGrath to the midfield. Saad fits the mould to allow that to happen.

1 Like

Don’t disagree with most of that.

However again from a team balance prospective , if we can only land 2 , I’d personally want more cover as a whole , then relying on 2 forwards who we hope can play more midfield time.

Stringer could turn into anything yes , Smith obviously has I just issues he has to manage foe the foreseeable future.

Saad would walk straight into a spot we need coverage in.
I’m pretty sure we can all agree we’d rather go into next season with saad on a bit over dea or mcneice.

If we don’t get stringer we still have sad, tippa Begley and green as forward /mid options.
Ditto Smith. Albeit I assume he has more potential to make it into the midfield, esp if they are offering him that role.

Stringer is a cherry on top imo , and the cake that’s building should be just as sweet with or without him.

Edit new phone still auto corrects like a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ ,

st kilda and carlton can’t beat our pick 28

Stringer n Smith gotta get done.

Saad a bonus but not essential.

MIDFIELD improvement is our glaring deficiency.
Yes Stringer is a punt, but with a sting in his tail, and a point to prove- hoping hes the big bodied power mid we need.

3 Likes

Smith is not proven as a midfielder and has knee issues. I think he’d be an upgrade on Green. The midfield side may or may not eventuate.

1 Like

I know mate.

Its’s a risk reward scenario for sure.
BUT, if they play to their potential we will get our wish, however risky.

I would think they give Mutch a run pretty early on as he had a great first season in the vfl. He should have been given a game or 2 last year with his output. If we can also get Hind or Boyse on our list, they could make an impact early on as well.

I think that is going to be the deal or some variation of it, turning 11 & 28 into SSS would be a super effort, but optimistic, at some point once all angles have been exhausted next years pick will get on the table

Reckon the Saad deal will get done first then hopefully once that is done we will be able to get the other 2 completed. I am confident we will get all 3…took Hawthorn until the last 30 minutes to get O’Meara…it will be a rollercoaster ride but I reckon the 3 will be Bombers come the end of next week.

1 Like