#42 Adam Saad

6 Likes

I just got excited… woohoo

1 Like

This is SO good! I’ve already commented but this guy would be a huge addition to the backline. Agree we need midfielders but we need a replacement for Bags AND I am sure he could move into the midfield even though he’s much better used as a HB-runner.

McKenna and Saad. Good luck stopping them.

Blues and Bombers circle Saad

Carlton and Essendon would need to give up a second-round draft pick to land Adam Saad after emerging as the front-runners for the Gold Coast speedster, according to the The Herald Sun.

Saad is exploring a return to Melbourne and the Blues are keen to talk with the 23-year-old when he returns from holidays overseas.

It was reported the Suns are understanding of the family and religious ties that are drawing Saad to his home state.

Essendon holds pick No.28 in the second round of the NAB AFL Draft, but Carton does not hold a second-round pick.

4 Likes

but pick 28 is being used on Stringer?

Hahaha good point. I wonder how we get him though.

Future second rounder

3 Likes

This pick 11 would want to be some player to be getting in way of two easy deals for ready made players.

The best thing about Stringer/Saad is their age. We NEED to build around Joe and Zerrett, those two are our ticket to the big time, lets get the supporting cast around them.

5 Likes

I like the idea of Saad.
Dangerously quick and with good foot skills. McKenna has the exact same skill set and our defence would turn into attack very very quickly! Helps replace McGrath as he starts his transition into the midfield. May push someone like Gleeson out of the side but that isn’t the worst thing in the world.
If we can get him for a second rounder then why not?

2 Likes

R. Sloane

He’s no HAMS, but I’d cope.

11 Likes

those Red Bulls certainly do work

And the rest needed to get him

This year’s and next year’s 1st. Done and done.

Gleeson? No chance, he’s just starting to come of age and is a completely different player with his own strengths.

Not withstanding any other back line trades my best back line is:

Bags Hartley/Ambrose Gleeson
Saad Hurley McKenna.

Depth/Bench/pushing for best 22 - Dea, Brown, Morgan, Francis, Ridley.

Hooker FB if we get a monster stay at home FF, but I’m now fully Hooker forward.

Everyone will try the Richmond game plan in 2018, we have to find a way to beat all of them.

We need to become the fastest team in the AFL.

2 Likes

Seems a bit much for Saad, but I guess you must really rate him.

4 Likes

Saad tops the league in running bounces by a considerable margin. Sheesh, he even beats Heath Shaw in that stat. The reason he can even do this is his very evasive running patterns and agility at speed…
According to Champion Data he is quite good at defending one on ones and is not often beaten, and rates above average for intercept posessions and metres gained. CD rate him as an above average player, fwiw.

9 Likes

Player ratings 2017 report.

1 Bris Dashing display with plenty of run and carry (12 bounces). Showed plenty of courage.
2 GWS Tried to give some run from the back half but was caught napping a few times defensively.
3 Haw Set the game alight in the second quarter with a charging run out of defence. Always looking to attack.
4 Carl Always looked to take the game on off half back and had Blues spooked at times. Gotta love his ambition and dare.
5 Adel Rebounded well all night out of defence and took every chance to break the lines.
6 NM Always tried to generate run from the backline, but didn’t get as much of the ball as Suns would have liked.
7 Geel One of few Suns to fail to fire. Only touched it 11 times and rarely was able to break the lines like he can.
8 Port Went on some marauding runs that ended nowhere, or was run down. Can’t question his positivity though.
9 Bye.
10 Melb A dasher off half back in the first half, but then had nowhere to go in second half as Dees defended better.
11 WCE Eagles worked hard to limit his output. Just got the four kicks.
12 Haw Broke lines from defence at times and was able to put Hawks on the back foot. Three inside-50s and 17 possessions.
13 Carl Copped a massive hit in the second quarter, but bounced back to be influential in second half.
14 StK Blistering pace off half back gave Saints headaches early and he had an even game.
15 NM Plenty of running bounces as is the norm, with several dashing runs from defence.
16 Syd Made a couple of bustling runs but otherwise ineffective
17 Coll Typical attacking dash from defence and looked to make opponent accountable.
18 WB Just fair streaming off half back.
19 Rich Minded Martin when forward, which was tough going. Managed to boot a rare goal.
20 Frem The team lacked the penetration he gives from his usual dash despite 19 disposals.
21 Bris Unable to use his renowned pace to advantage out of defence. More damaging when pushed forward in last term.
22 Ess Afforded little time and space and struggled to provide his usual rebound.
23 Port One of only a couple of Suns players who can hold his head up high, did a great job curbing the influence of Robbie Gray.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Who cares pick 11 for stringer and 28 for Saad

We become top 4