#42 Adam Saad

Are you sure you’re not mixing him up with guefi’s or Hurleys disposal??

I didn’t think Saads disposal was that bad at all.

5 Likes

Saad is KMs new Darcy Parish

1 Like

Not at all.

He was skying them to nowhere most of the evening.

I loved his game overall because he puts in 100% but his composure was well off the mark.

1 Like

Blooody good game. It helps that for some reason the umps don’t punish his legal defending against much taller players.

1 Like

He had 8 turnovers from 22 possessions.

I suggest you go back and have a look.

We lost all impetus coming out of the backline in the first half because Saad was rushing his kicks even though he managed to work himself clear.

Been a good month from him. Agree with his aerial prowess for someone of 178cm. His teammates really need to block for him and allow him the time and space needed to break the lines. Often gives off a hand pass, gets it back and runs into a dead end. If he got some shepherds he could cut teams open.

1 Like

Saad had a great game. He looks much more dangerous as a high press defender. Love watching him break lines through handball chains and delivering with that kick.

Jet

Also have a look at the lack of blocks his team mates are putting on for him. They should be decking the blokes ‘legally’ and give him a chance to find a target. For a long time Essendon have lacked a physical presence and a team first approach.

Fair call but when free he was bombing it rather than picking out free players.

I loved his game overall but from where I was sitting Saad really stood out in the first half for turning the ball over when we were running forward of the play.

It was effectively what we were doing three weeks ago and getting punished.

I don’t mean to be over critical of a player but I really thought he messed up a lot of his own brilliant work.

1 Like

I do remember a few times where he did round the body kicks straight to the opposition, but I love it when he backs himself, it’s great too watch. Let’s hope ‘SS&S’ don’t go too Essington by the end of the year. Three of our very few shining lights in a bleak year.

1 Like

Yep, he did a lot of good tonight and I think he’s been good most of the season.

As I said I still love what he brings but there was most definitely periods early where we broke free and Saad undid a lot of good work.

I’m confident he will bounce back next week.

1 Like

Nah. He takes off, looks up and there is no farking one to kick it to

6 Likes

Plenty of times he had men alone but chose to belt it long like Myers does.

Best I’ve seen him play.

Think he has potential to play up on the wing or share wing/defence with McKenna.

Lots of players just belted it forward… it was our game plan last 2 weeks, but this week coaches let opposition have loose players back.

The 2v1 bump, collect and handball was :100:

11 Likes

Has been a positive. Well done to him.

I’m not suggesting he was the only one but in my opinion he was the biggest culprit because he was in space at times and had teammates free but he elected to kick to three and four on ones.

And no that wouldn’t have been the game plan nor was it the last few weeks.

Agree with this.

Though to be fair, when got the ball there was no-one up the FARKING field to kick it to.

2 Likes