#5 Elijah Tsatas

Callum Twomey

@CalTwomey

Elijah Tsatas outstanding today in the NAB League for Oakleigh Chargers in win over Sandringham Dragons. The midfielder has been terrific in three games back from foot injury. Has to be in the conversation for the top pick based on inside/outside mix & athletic traits.

@AFLcomau

4:16 PM · Aug 20, 2022

8 Likes

tsatas is already better than sam walsh

1 Like

He’ll be a hell of a player if he’s better than the kid taken the pick after him. Looking forward to him getting on the park and moreso next year with the benefit of a full pre season.

Walsh is suffering, being asked to carry the Blooos midfield… He is not playing with the same sense of assurance he had a season or two ago. Cripps is also struggling to impact games. The big improver has been Cera, the rest of their midfield was a bit anonymous today. Against the Pies a team needs all hands on deck, and can’t afford to have anyone go missing.

I spoke to him last night. He’s playing VFL this week.

68 Likes

Are you serious about tsatas playing vfl this week?

Mahoney said yesterday he’s not playing til after the bye.

Although if he trained fully last week it would seem strange not to play him soon

Probably plays a half. Then a full game the following week before being available for the seniors.

1 Like

This is quite true. At training, vossy only allows sam walsh to sit in the chair that clakko broke when he threw it against the wall.

That’s what he said.

I asked him if he played today (in the lead up game) and he said ‘nope but I play next week’.

Perhaps he thinks he’s ready/ depends what the fitness staff say I guess.

11 Likes

He’s had 5 sessions I think.

YLS79g

11 Likes

The rest of the top 10 look great, and he was at some stages considered the best.

Surely we are safe here

8 Likes

Durability, disposal and defensive work rate are the questions marks. Ball finding/winning and speed known strengths.

I’m looking forward to getting a good look at him in the twos over the next few weeks.

Maybe we get a zaharakis type vfl debut…

4 Likes

Maybe he meant at AFL level. First he’ll win a couple of VFL games off his own boot, then he can step up to AFL where he will do the same. Could happen.

He told Mrs Fox and I early in the season that we would be playing after Easter. Guess I should have asked how long after Easter.

2 Likes

Going by his surname, he may have meant Orthodox Easter, but that only makes him a week less wrong.

3 Likes

I will accept nothing other than “clearly a class above Sheezel and Ashcroft”

I mean, having all of the top 10 turn out great would be unusual…

He probably would have been taken earlier in the draft but most teams were concerned about his injury history.