#5 Elijah Tsatas

I’m not sure he goes ahead of any in the top 5.
Except Cadman who was a genuine surprise.

1 Like

I realise it makes me a PANIC MERCHANT but seeing how much of a BULL that Humphrey is has me a little on edge.

Go well Elijah. And please be very good.

1 Like

We were never into Humphrey. Shoulda been. But weren’t.

1 Like

Thats some class considering how those two boys have started their careers.

1 Like

I think we might look back wishing we could clone him. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

By the same token, if we’d actually had Humphrey we’d have all gone full panic merchant after he went full turnover king a few weeks ago and managed a supercoach score of -3.

2 Likes

Yep as Montanga said last night ‘Elijah tsatas would wanna be good, being the pick before Humphrey’ and David king ‘Humphrey has Christian petracca written all over him’.

Melbourne actually tried to get our pick to take Humphrey too, similar to the year they jumped up to take Oliver, that should have told us something, looks a star already and would have fit our list demographic perfectly. I hope tsatas is even better, but don’t trust dodoro with high picks.

The more i think about it the more I think Elijah makes sense above many of the other top 10 cohort.

Having someone that can break away from the pack is exactly what we need. Im hoping that having Elijah in the midfield may add that point of difference that we are trying to find in stringer, and can allow us to play stringer permanently forward.

Also, I think it provides us with a bit of security if Parish does decide to up and leave. Elijah is an accumulator.

Just want to see him play now.

8 Likes

Don’t fall for the media troll who live to clickbait Essendon supporters

It’s actually disgusting that they would frame it like that, given the unfair pressure it places on a kid who has done nothing wrong except for getting injured in the pre season.

(and do we know that Humphrey won’t end up being a turnover merchant? He’s had 2 good games now, and a few where he’s come on but been all over the place)

1 Like

Is that a @Clone_Hirdy reference?

2 Likes

You honestly think it’s a conspiracy against Essendon fans and intentionally heaping pressure of tsatas? :sweat_smile:. I think it’s simply an opinion.

4 Likes

if someone did this, itd be what we should be getting from shiel, but hes the king of being flat footed.

I wanted us to take Humphrey. Nothing to do with Tsatsas, but Humphrey has that Danger / Petracca look about him.

1 Like

I think that King in particular would be inclined to know that if he says something about Essendon’s drafting that is going to get a lot more “engagement” than if he says the same thing about North or GWS. And he lives for “engagement”. Without it he doesn’t have a job.

Maybe in this case they just wanted to highlight how good Humphrey was going, but they always choose the Essendon comparison. They could have just as easily picked out Wardlaw (who only just played his first game, and looks good now), but they deliberately chose the Essendon player for the comparison because they knew that would get people stirred up. Imagine if Tsatas comes out in 5 weeks and struggles with the paces of the game at senior level for a month (like Humphrey did). They’ve already laid the groundwork for a month of “content” that would be blatantly unfair to a kid just starting in the game.

(I might be jumping at shadows, but I’ve seen enough of the way this “culture” works to know that even if it is a throwaway line now, they’ll be quoting themselves if there’s even a vague chance that it will get angry Essendon supporters @ing them down the track)

1 Like

I get your overall point, however i think if you saw the segment they were going through the top 10 and how great they’ve all been and mentioned tsatas is the only one we haven’t seen yet ‘well he’d wanna be pretty good if he was taken before Humphrey (laugh)’. So i don’t think anything sinister behind it, i was thinking the same thing myself after seeing Humphrey the past few weeks.

2 Likes

Yeah, fair enough. I didn’t see the segment, and are definitely triggered by King!

Gee last years draft is shaping up to be an absolute ripper.
Wardlaw looked amazing on the weekend, as did Humphrey.
Michalanney looks awesome. Ginbey is breaking tackling records. Sheezel and Ashcroft are playing like 200 game veterans. Mackenzie looks the goods, as does Phillipou

If our boy Tsatas is at the top end of this group - then we really have one here. Fingers crossed he gets a good run at it in the 2nd half of the year.

23 Likes

hes the most damaging of the bunch other than sheezel, he could definitely be an elite mid

2 Likes

A lot in the media (King/Cornes) who comment on these kids, often don’t see them much until they reach AFL. Tsatas was competitive with Ashcroft in ball winning numbers, he should be fine when he gets the chance. Plus his leap height and athletic attributes, potentially give him a higher ceiling.

10 Likes

Long arms and big hands, I’m ready