#6 Joe Daniher - wants out of Tulla on the full

Crickey, no wonder people get disappointed about our output. We so chronically overrate our players and wonder why the team doesn’t play up to expectations?
“Generational forward”? Give me a spell.

3 Likes

Why on earth did they not send him for surgery when this occurred last year?

Clubs shouldn’t alienate their supporters… Or risk losing support.

It’s like political parties. They win you over, take you for granted, do dumb things and lose your trust then accuse you of being disloyal for abandoning them.

Being ‘rusted on’ to anything isn’t the way to go. Put a high price on your loyalty and make them earn it.

1 Like

Because he’s ace I suppose.

But which players do? Darcy Daniher wears his training top to the gym, and that’s about it isn’t it?
I agree with wob that some supporters get much more involved than players. I guess there are more of them.

I like players identifying with their club. I like them appreciating fans- Gawn seems particularly good at this after MFC matches. Recruiting zones helped this loyalty a bit, as father-son still does. I hate people saying we should have got Grundy instead of Daniher.

The AFL doesn’t value club devotion much. When setting up AFLX this year Hocking explained that it was fine to have 4 invented teams because supporters identify more with players than clubs now, like in other leagues around the world. Free agency and funnelled junior programmes also mean players know and enjoy the company of other teams’ players more, hence some of the angst at players smiling with the opposition after a loss.

Sure the players want to win, but as some have said they are probably a little better adjusted about it than a lot of us. What we don’t want, though, is for them to appear uninvolved. In a recent match Mason Cox asked who was the Blues player hassling him. Ed had to explain Daisy was a premiership hero. I like the idea of our players getting some sort of EFC tutorial when they join, preferably from a legend of the club. In their playing days Harves, GO’D etc would impress on the kids how important it was to beat the Carton Football Club.

It is weird that we passionately follow players even though they may be less than passionate about our club. But that’s part of the deal. We’re the nursing home residents. Now and then the kids come in and perform for us, and we clap like anything. I hope the kids get a smile out of it too.

All that is fine.
The point is - players are not usually devoted supporters, and that has no bearing on how successful the team can be.

And welcome @donzeesash. If you’re unfamiliar with how this site works, keep an eye on the match day thread. Particularly in games Essendon are expected to do well in. That will provide you with some valuable insight as to what you will be dealing with here. All the best.

8 Likes

From what you have heard or what you reckon?
I fear the same personally.

Is this happening because he had that beer?

5 Likes

No, … apparently it’s happening because Essendon. :no_mouth:

Up Cooney fark port

2 Likes

I don’t think the players have to be as passionate about the club as supporters. Because lets face it- that just isn’t possible.

I do expect they do absolutely everything in their power to give themselves the best chance to play at their best and help the team to win. I expect the club to do everything possible to give the players the best chance to be successful at the club. Whether it be through having the best training facilities, medico’s, coaches, trainers etc

Don’t think so. I’ve had a lot of beer over my time and my groins are fine. Plus my vertical jump is similar to Joe’s (As long as it’s downwards).

3 Likes

Well if that happens then that is a disaster for Daniher personally and the game broadly because we don’t go to games or watch on television to see blokes spoil. Or switch kick to the other side of the ground. We want to see big blokes take big marks and kick goals from miles out. And Daniher does all those things easily. What a farking shame.

4 Likes

Forget the point mate, what about the tangents?

And to be contrary, I still prefer a home grown bunch of Misitis and Alessios, with some Watsons and Hirds, over a North Melbourne-style foreign legion. Having said that, I would take either flag.

Exactly. that’s why danks business outside of footy(afl) is booming.

My point was the amount of soft tissue injuries. Its a fkn crisis. Im not using injuries as any excuse

1 Like

I’ll be sure to keep and eye on that - already have been. Am unsure of the impact it may have on my current mental strength. But just like the quality skins injury updates, i’ll take it all in with a grain or two of salt. Cheers Diggers

1 Like

Just don’t take anything to heart and you’ll be fine.

Dank has declared bankruptcy and at the time listed his assets as $1035 per week income and a heavily mortgaged Mazda as his only assets.

Unless the boom you mean is the Bikies shooting at him…