#8 Jason Winderlich

Licka's the sort of guy that can change a game by 1-2 goals. Smart, calm, skilled. He wouldn't have saved us against Freo, he might have made the difference against North though.

Same can be said for Chapman and Cooney.

I’d be happy to never play Chapman again.

He’s done you reckon?

Licka's the sort of guy that can change a game by 1-2 goals. Smart, calm, skilled. He wouldn't have saved us against Freo, he might have made the difference against North though.

He’s done you reckon?

He’s not what he was. I’d rather develop a kid or two.

He’s done you reckon?

I don’t think he should be played anywhere but the forward line, but yeah, I take your point.

Poorly targeted delivery by hand and foot into the 50 in the last quarter lost us the game.

He’s done you reckon?

laverde!!!

Maybe the reason we aren't "heading anywhere" this year is because our injury list has included Cooney, Chapman, Winderlich, Myers, and Hocking.

So many weak bastards in this forum.

Look around at the injury lists of other clubs. Aside from Sydney and Freo just about all other clubs have lost equivalently important players either up until now or for some time yet. We are the ones who are being weak as a club if we use that as our excuse. We unfortunately just don’t have the quality of depth to cover all that well. The guys who are in the right age demographic who should be ready to make an impact i.e. Kav, NO’B, Browne and possibly one or two others, either just aren’t up to it or are not match ready (Browne).

Maybe the reason we aren't "heading anywhere" this year is because our injury list has included Cooney, Chapman, Winderlich, Myers, and Hocking.

Look around at the injury lists of other clubs. Aside from Sydney and Freo just about all other clubs have lost equivalently important players either up until now or for some time yet. We are the ones who are being weak as a club if we use that as our excuse. We unfortunately just don’t have the quality of depth to cover all that well. The guys who are in the right age demographic who should be ready to make an impact i.e. Kav, NO’B, Browne and possibly one or two others, either just aren’t up to it or are not match ready (Browne).

West Coast’s injury list is monumental.

The Licha news would be great if it felt like the club was heading somewhere this season.

At the moment, it just seems like he’ll be just another old bloke in his last year blocking the path of somebody younger to get important games into them.

Oh well, it’s Licha I guess, and I do like the guy.

Dustin Fletcher says hello

Pfft. He’s not in his last year. Still one of the only blokes on the field for us that is effective pretty much all of the time.

I think Licka should play as the sub a fair bit when he gets back into the Seniors.

Fairly flexible in that he can play forward, back or on the wing. He is also the type of player that can influence a game with one or two passages of play, which is exactly what you want from a sub.

well considering 2 of them most likely won’t be there next year in winda and chappy, they’d best want to start developing players into those spots otherwise it won’t be just this year that we aren’t heading anywhere.

and considering we haven’t really looked to be going anywhere with myers and hocking being main stays in the side over the last few years, they aren’t as big a loss as people are panicking themslves into believing.

but this is the problem when you draft better players who are older and more fragile, you may get a better player on paper than you have, but if they aren’t playing, well you’re stuck in the position you were in in the first place, which was not having any decent forwards.

In reality this weeks game should probably have been a game where you’d look to manage their game loads and maybe not play them against a lesser side, while at the same time developing younger players for the transition for when the older blokes move on.
Instead we have to play them against a ■■■■ side cos of injury and not taking other chances to win games

and i’m normally one who says play the kids, but serious what kids are there that they are trying to develop as forwards who aren’t in there first year ? lang and laverde prolly won’t have an impact this year.
Jmerrett ?
fanta ?
Edwards ?

the bottom 2 aren’t getting games, and they went out and specifically recruited 2 players to take over Jmerretts spot
Don’t mind the giving games to the 2 l’s, but they aren’t in the same position as heppell and zac merrett have been where they looked comfortable from day one in the seniors. they are both still raw.

The biggest loss so far this season has been cooney, which says something as he only played 3 games. but if we lose so much from him and chappy out, that’s not something you can just fix overnight. people seemto forget we pushed hawks and syd in the first 2 rounds without myers and hocking.

myers and hocking allow you to win stat sheet wars about number of clearences etc. that’s really all we are missing them for.
cooney and chppay hoever are smart match winners who can cover for poorer player in the side,

Our injury is hurting us simply because our depth isn’t good enough.

But when a few really good players are out from your inside mid mix in particular it affects the whole side.

Look at Hawks with Lewis and Hodge out.

Look at Port with Wines and Gray (Although he back now).

Having Hocking and Myers out is costing us creativity from Watson and Heppell IMO as they having to play solely inside and also not getting the blocks / spilt contests provided when those two in.

It’s also not helping our number 1 ruck is one of the poorest number 1 rucks in the league. Not giving our mids first use with tap work, not following up and helping with clearances at ground level or being involved in any transition/spread.

Our injury is hurting us simply because our depth isn't good enough.

But when a few really good players are out from your inside mid mix in particular it affects the whole side.

Look at Hawks with Lewis and Hodge out.

Look at Port with Wines and Gray (Although he back now).

Having Hocking and Myers out is costing us creativity from Watson and Heppell IMO as they having to play solely inside and also not getting the blocks / spilt contests provided when those two in.

It’s also not helping our number 1 ruck is one of the poorest number 1 rucks in the league. Not giving our mids first use with tap work, not following up and helping with clearances at ground level or being involved in any transition/spread.

Yeah, let’s look at Hawks. They lost to GWS. They lose to us, they lost to Port. They’re hardly an example of doing it easily despite injuries.

Look at Port, going ■■■■ and with only one guy injured (Wines).

Look at North, 6 point turnaround from being in exactly the same place as us.

Look at the ladder and Freo, who haven’t missed any of their experienced midfielders, who are the most important players in any side, are the only team in the whole league who is killing it.

Everyone else is up and down, like us.

I don’t feel we have any depth coming through at all.
Who are our next big body midfielders coming through after Myers and Hocking are gone?
Zero!
Too many of the same types running around like a pack of greyhounds.

I don't feel we have any depth coming through at all. Who are our next big body midfielders coming through after Myers and Hocking are gone? Zero! Too many of the same types running around like a pack of greyhounds.

Which I GUARANTEE will be the main item on the agenda come the trade period.

I don't feel we have any depth coming through at all. Who are our next big body midfielders coming through after Myers and Hocking are gone? Zero! Too many of the same types running around like a pack of greyhounds.

I’m not sure if you are joking or being serious. I’d hardly describe our side as being full of greyhounds

I’m not sure if you are joking or being serious. I’d hardly describe our side as being full of greyhounds

True, have a few Irish Wolfhounds, a few Jack Russels, a few Huskies, some golden retrievers and a few pit bulls.

True, have a few Irish Wolfhounds, a few Jack Russels, a few Huskies, some golden retrievers and a few pit bulls.

Lol. 1 Dalmation.

Heppell aside, the next gen are very different to the current midfielders: Gleeson, Orazio, Long, Colyer, Dalgleish. Even the slows guys aren't: the Merretts, Jake the Snake, Browne, Hams, Lav.

It’s nothing like when you currently put Watson Heppell Chapman Hocking Goddard etc all in the midfield at once.

Whether we have swung too far is yet to be determined…

well considering 2 of them most likely won’t be there next year in winda and chappy, they’d best want to start developing players into those spots otherwise it won’t be just this year that we aren’t heading anywhere.

and considering we haven’t really looked to be going anywhere with myers and hocking being main stays in the side over the last few years, they aren’t as big a loss as people are panicking themslves into believing.

but this is the problem when you draft better players who are older and more fragile, you may get a better player on paper than you have, but if they aren’t playing, well you’re stuck in the position you were in in the first place, which was not having any decent forwards.

In reality this weeks game should probably have been a game where you’d look to manage their game loads and maybe not play them against a lesser side, while at the same time developing younger players for the transition for when the older blokes move on.
Instead we have to play them against a ■■■■ side cos of injury and not taking other chances to win games

and i’m normally one who says play the kids, but serious what kids are there that they are trying to develop as forwards who aren’t in there first year ? lang and laverde prolly won’t have an impact this year.
Jmerrett ?
fanta ?
Edwards ?

the bottom 2 aren’t getting games, and they went out and specifically recruited 2 players to take over Jmerretts spot
Don’t mind the giving games to the 2 l’s, but they aren’t in the same position as heppell and zac merrett have been where they looked comfortable from day one in the seniors. they are both still raw.

The biggest loss so far this season has been cooney, which says something as he only played 3 games. but if we lose so much from him and chappy out, that’s not something you can just fix overnight. people seemto forget we pushed hawks and syd in the first 2 rounds without myers and hocking.

myers and hocking allow you to win stat sheet wars about number of clearences etc. that’s really all we are missing them for.
cooney and chppay hoever are smart match winners who can cover for poorer player in the side,

Jmerrett ?
fanta ?
Edwards ?

What a post 100% agree

Lol. 1 Dalmation.
Everyone is forgetting we also have a bobcat.