#9 Dylan Shiel be right, mate - from July 2022

In the ideal world FC would have picked him up as he is exactly what they are missing and we would have picked up a Hewitt/Cerra bigger bodied mid who have a little more class than Setters.

Between FC and our midlfield you could get two great midfields unfortunately both team just chased OOC/Free agents because they were there to say they were a destination club not necessarily because they needed those types of players.

Shiel has had a pretty good season - hurting the ankle didn’t help but only two weeks ago against Geelong he was good and has been pretty consistent this year.

3 Likes

FC chased Hewitt and Cerra for the same reason we chased Shiel: they’re trying to fabricate a premiership window that simply isn’t there.

At best, they’ll scrape into the 8 and get knocked out first round.

As for Shiel, this guy just doesn’t move the needle on this team. He only looks competent in centre bounces where he’s got more space to move. Falls into the trap of watching the ball instead of blocking for team mates.

3 Likes

The seasons before we got him, people here were pumping up his tyres and saying he would be great for us to get. [I don’t have time to watch other teams so the only thing I know about their players is what I read here]. And when he was drafted there was pretty much universal approval here. It’s fair to say he certainly hasn’t lived up to the early Blitz hype.

2 Likes

Spot on.

Altho to be fair, the direction in 2018-19 was predicated on having JD, Raz and McKenna coming along, as well as Dev maintaining some sort of level.

Injuries killed that window, we just weren’t smart enough to recognise it and adapt.

1 Like

So how fricken long does it take to scan and announce 10 week injury?

2 Likes

Surely someone knows something this stinks of hiding an injury, man so pivotal to the team these days with Parish out

Edit and WTF missed the last two games and no posts for 6 days

Someone will get to training on Friday and provide some insight into his movements, and prospects for selection.
It may even be me ?

dont mind hobbs caldwell getting more mid opportunities instead of shiel

3 Likes

1 Like

I’d like to get down to the NEC Hangar sometime this year…

WHEN THE PLAYERS ARE ACTUALLY TRAINING…DAMN IT !

2 Likes

Todays training was light.
Friday is the main session.
Saturday is captains run.

I’ve had no time for any training sessions recently.
Might sneak some in over the next few weeks though.

Main Training is now tomorrow

3 Likes

Well you’re no chance to play then

6 Likes

is he training?

yes he did

5 Likes

Shouldn’t of played today. Struggled to get involved. Looked well below his standards.

5 Likes

30+ year old with calf/injury issues. Tsatas will take his spot in a month.

10 Likes

According to BDB, the sub was tactical and he is fine.

1 Like

Shiel wasn’t right today.
Very very rusty and looked a few steps out of it.

1 Like

How many tackles and 1 percenters today for Shiel?