#9 Dylan Shiel be right, mate - from July 2022

If it was true that we planned to play him for 3 quarters then sub him. He shouldnt have played at all.

Whatever happened to not rushing players back

4 Likes

Team selection was horrid this weekā€¦ terrible.

1 Like

Imagine we used two first rounders in 2018 to get Dunkley instead.

Iā€™m not saying that was option but for the sake of the hypothetical imagine what our side looks like if we traded for what we actually needed

Our midfield looks better when he isnā€™t in it

6 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if it was Hobbs and Reid or Hobbs and Perkins, but either way that seems expensive.

I assume the 2018 was implying if weā€™d traded for Dunkley instead of Shiel.

1 Like

If he trains well all week and shows no signs of the previous injury, then i would still play him ahead of any of Wanga, Tippa & Davey.

Merrett will be tagged and needs some help next week.
Tsatas needs another game or 2 at VFL level.

2 Likes

Sell high.

Which nicely ignores you can only trade for players who are available and want to move to your club.

3 Likes

It was a pure hypothetical and more about highlighting the importance of investing in trades for specific list needs, Shiel added a bit more speed on the outside for us but really didnā€™t fill a need for us

1 Like

He only attended 6 CBAs today

I remember thinking at the time that Shiel would have been really handy for that 2017 side BUT that side was never again a thing. Jobe retired leaving a gapping contested beast hole the club still hasnā€™t addressed & that was the need that should have been addressed 1st & foremost.

1 Like

In the rooms video, Mahoney said they were happy with what they saw from Shiel today.

I still donā€™t think he was right to play, and it left us vulnerable in the middle once Merrett got tagged.

Iā€™m a fan of Dylan.
When heā€™s on song he adds tremendous value to our game and the team overall.

But all things being equal heā€™s not in my best 18 any longer though is in the 23. Our young mids have come on as weā€™d hoped and Tsatas is now in the wings. Dylā€™s a good mid that can play HFF reasonably well too when asked. But as It stands heā€™s strong depth nowadays, and its not unfair to say heā€™s prone to injuries too.

Bit less than 2 years ago Cornes and our Matty Lloyd suggested Port might come knocking given his partnerā€™s connection to them. Most of Blitz shot that idea right down, including me.

But if they did ask the question on Shiel near this season end and heā€™s tracked as he has been to end of season, I reckon Brad and Jackets should at least have that conversation and check in with Dylan.

1 Like

Just because you donā€™t attend a lot of centre bounces doesnā€™t mean you arenā€™t playing midfield

1 Like

Played like a guy rushed into the side when not fully over his injury. Looked to have ice on it on the bench, afl site says calf injury, doubt heā€™ll be there for Carlton

1 Like

You donā€™t think sending Langford to the VFL with instructions to become Jobe Watson was sufficient?

3 Likes

Sometimes, you think about the fkg stupid things this club has done especially over the last eight years and, for the sake of your sanity, you just have to laugh.

Shiel and Stringer do their best work with the revs to the limit and usually go at full tit

players like that need a few weeks to get back that touch, they work in mmā€™s and split seconds

Shiel be right

1 Like