A thread about rain and no other things

Really? I don’t have any evidence but it felt colder than normal to me in Brisbane

And, …

couriermail.com.au

Brisbane weather: Hottest July on record, driest month in 4 years for QLD

Chris Honnery, The Courier-Mail

2-3 minutes

BRISBANE has enjoyed its warmest July on record, while the rest of Queensland had its driest July in four years.

With the wonderful winter weather in the state’s capital daily high temperatures remained above 20C for the entire month, with an average maximum temperature of 23.2C.

The Bureau of Meteorology’s Monthly Climate Summary, released yesterday, said this was Brisbane’s warmest July on record, and it was the fourth-warmest across the rest of the state.

The warm weather coincided with a dry July, with statewide rainfall more than 70 per cent below the monthly average — the driest July since 2014.

Places in western Queensland such as Longreach (18.6mm), Camooweal (5.4mm) and Boulia (9.8mm) had their driest July ever.

Kowanyama Airport recorded the state’s hottest July day for this year, when the mercury reached 34.8C on July 17.

Ashlie Danieletto, from Holland Park West, enjoys the warm days with Koda her Labradoodle at New Farm park. Picture: Annette Dew

Meanwhile, Oakey recorded the coldest night of the month, when the temperature dropped down to -6.3C on July 14.

The fine and sunny weather is expected to continue for the rest of the week with the weather bureau forecasting a top of 27C for Brisbane on Saturday and 28C in Townsville.

BoM meteorologist Michael Knepp said the state was in for a nice and warm weekend.

“It’ll be fine and sunny across the state this weekend,” he said.

“As we transition to August, we will see temperatures warming up. We are expecting it to be warm in August.

“Temperatures will be a little bit above average, especially on Sunday, but definitely nothing record breaking.”

The warm, dry weather was likely to continue for the next few months, according to the weather bureau’s Climate Outlook.

August days were forecast to be warmer than Queensland’s average monthly maximum temperature of 25C.

BoM said the next few months would see little reprieve from the dry, warm weather.

“These forecast warmer and drier conditions suggest that much of eastern and southern mainland Australia are less likely to see widespread respite in the coming season from current dry conditions,” they said.

1 Like

I’d have thought this was a cold, squally winter.

It’s been a pretty cold blowy August for sure.

Giving me the absolute shitts as usual at this time of year, … had enough.

2 weeks to Spring.

3 Likes

Yep. ■■■■■■ cold in Canberra.

1 Like

It was fkn cold at Windy Hill today. Was okay for VFLM for 3/4 but when the icy blast started to come up from the southwest, it was v chilly. VFLW copped it the worst.

3 Likes

Really heavy rain for most of the night here in se melbourne. Getting close to hail by the sounds on my window but cbf gettting out of bed to check.

Yes it is hail.

32 and humid down here

7 Likes

My son just experienced hail for the first time. Was very excited.

6 Likes

Ha, yeah, my daughter just did the same.

Hail creates memories.

1 Like

Still using farenheit down there?

3 Likes

Noice

Mine last weekend when we got a bucketing. He loved it. He also brought a whole lot of it inside the house later on when I wasn’t looking. He loved that too. Me not so much

4 Likes

saw a car in glenroy almost not round about the round about and straight into a house.

people in shitbox micras that don’t take care of their car/tyres/slow down in poor conditions should have to pay more in rego and insurance.

Whilst it’s cold, take advantage of this sweet deal at pancake parlour…

https://i.imgur.com/7tukoN1_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Nice battery level.

NICE.

5 Likes

It’s really amazing pancake parlour is still a thing. So they still only have the same 10 or so items you can order? And then the weird ■■■■ like potatoes and steak in a pancake? Weird joint

Let’s face it, if it were socially acceptable to eat a bowl of maple syrup with a spoon, nobody would ever bother with pancakes in the first place.

1 Like