A Whinge About Whingeing

Who actually cares which generation had it ■■■■■■■. The present day sucks ■■■

2 Likes

Well I’m just gonna say your gonna get sick of all the winning.

We are gonna keep on winning

And there will be NO MORE WHINGING

And you think your strong opinions are just strong opinions that should be respected but everyone else’s strong opinion are whinges & they should shut up.

1 Like

Elite thread. I rate

3 Likes

Swoodley, I agree with your thrust and believe the “supporters” should be more “supportive”, but we still need room for criticism of admin, coaches, players etc, but we should keep it as constructive as possible. The losses hurt us all. This last weekend I was in hospital in Jakarta having heart surgery - not good timing but I liked what I saw in Wright, Redman, Hobbs, Caldwell, Reid and a few others and enjoyed them. Not the result, that was pathetic but those players gave me a glimpse of hope that we have something better coming. When Jones and Stringer and Snelling and Langford are back on deck we may end up having a great finish to the year. At the moment I am physically quite weak, but optimistically I see better times coming for the Bombers.

7 Likes

That’s the main thrust of my argument.

And good luck with your recovery…I hope you’re up and about soon.

2 Likes

You really love to twist people’s words don’t you.

@Kialla summed my views up well

2 Likes

I’m not even sure how this thread is any different to the dozen of sooking threads out there

1 Like

I hope the surgery went well mate. All the best with your recovery :ok_hand:

1 Like

Was that the Dunkley thread or the Cooney thread?

4 Likes

Richmond nearly went under less than a decade after winning a flag and being the powerhouse of the comp and were in financial strife for years. Carlton have had a couple of bright spots but they’ve been doing this longer than we have. Doesn’t change the fact things seem dire right now though.

2 Likes

The 70’s reference is always laughable.

It was one ■■■■■■■ decade. We’ve been a laughing stock for 2 and counting.

Footy was also barely professional in the 70’s. “peanuts, peanuts”

Even my bloods have won a final or two in this period and we are a perennial cellar dweller in the SANFL

2 Likes

Thinking of the Collingwood drought and all those losing GF in between.
Winning a Premiership is so hard and I’m not in the slough of despond at the prospect of not winning one for the rest of this decade. Not to expect at the start of every season that we are a Premiership prospect. I just want us to be competitive, to improve, for players to play as a team , to give it their all, for young players to develop into top performers.

8 Likes

We might go the rest of the season with out winning a game. Lots of excuses or reasons for doing so.
But the loss on the weekend and the baggage thats come from it has given everyone the right to whinge. The boys bent over and took it and its out there for all to see. Could be the wake up call we needed. Should be a non negotiable now for all remaining games, win or lose, have pride in the jumper and play for it or fark off.
Whinge over, and I 'm a pom so I know all about whinging!!

A worthwhile Thread.
It’s probably expected that you’ve got the reactions you have, but it is infuriating & depressing to read the total mass hysteria on here that seems to have become the norm.
Yeah, we’re playing poorly.
But there are more green shoots now ( and in the past - ■■■■■ me how the history of the last 20 years of players gets rewritten lately in so many Threads) than people credit.
But unfortunately Blitz seems to be succumbing to the Curse of Social Media - amplifying conflict rather than discussion.
Ah well.
Like good actual supporters we’ll just have to wait it out.
Be frustrated but appreciate the moments our players can provide.

9 Likes

The problem with opinions is that everyone has them, including idiots.

Now get yourself over that parapet son, that’s a direct order!

1 Like

■■■■ this thread

1 Like

well said @swoodley
but it seems that the raging gloomers don’t accept your proposition that their rantings as to how bad everything is, are excessively excessive.

all we can do is accept they are engaging in personal therapy by unleashing incoherently on here and not expect anything insightful.

11 Likes

The real supporters were in the outer using the footy record to block the sun.
We didn’t win those finals but Windy Hill didn’t stink of the excrement this current Board is dumping on the supporters. The CEO has not delivered in eight years and gets an extension. Absolute insult to the allegiance of the supporters.
Campbell is an incompetent- wouldn’t get the gig anywhere else except EFC. Brasher, Campbell, Muir, Barham, Madden Wellman, Sheedy - fkg useless.

2 Likes