Active Support- We Are Essendon

Quoted Post

Surely there's something more current and less offensive we can utilise for weekly games.

Explosions.

I, for one approve of multiple, ear shattering sirens.

Get the 140db ones but put them on the outside of the stadium, they’d still be loud inside but outdoors EVERYONE would know what’s up.

Quoted Post

I find the siren embarrassing. It is antiquated and to a degree disrespectful. I'm sure those who find it fun as a metaphor, don't understand or respect it's original context, especially for a team that championed the modern Anzac Day match. Don't believe I'm being a wowzer. Surely there's something more current and less offensive we can utilise for weekly games. Or, in the end, why does there need to be a gimmick in the first place?

I think they mentioned on one of the matches in round 1 that I was watching, that teams are given $10,000 either a week or per year (can’t remember?) to organise some form of pre-game entertainment this season.

You make a decent point, mate, but unless we change our name, the war link will always be there, right or wrong. There is nothing peaceful or respectful about ‘bombers’.

I find the siren embarrassing. It is antiquated and to a degree disrespectful. I’m sure those who find it fun as a metaphor, don’t understand or respect it’s original context, especially for a team that championed the modern Anzac Day match. Don’t believe I’m being a wowzer. Surely there’s something more current and less offensive we can utilise for weekly games. Or, in the end, why does there need to be a gimmick in the first place?

Would love to see the players do this

Quoted Post

Funny story about the air raid siren. About an hour before the game, the stand it is attached to was blown over and smashed on the ground. The siren itself was intact ('At Essendon, our siren is strong...'), but the support legs were completely snapped off. So I took the siren further down the race, out of visibility, and sort of pinned it against my knee. I got it pretty loud and a good rhythm but have no idea if it was loud enough out on the ground (the AFL producer did put the mic next to it though).

But now we’re in the market for a new siren. I’d like one that’s larger, but have only found that size online. Don’t mind the idea someone had about multiple sirens around the ground - although those that don’t like it will REALLY not like it then.

My idea, and therefore I reckon it’s a great one.
Seriously though, technically, multiples will work better than a larger one, both with regards to audio coverage, and emotional effect.

This ones 140db. From memory it’s a log scale, so 10x louder than the 130db. (Apparently it sounds twice as loud)

LOL, >130 decibels for the person running it.

(military jet aircraft take-off from aircraft carrier with afterburner at 50 ft)

Needs to be this loud Ryan

This one in the middle. @ 100kg too

It needs to be LOUD.

Quoted Post

The teams come out together so I wouldn’t expect the siren anyway?

Do the teams come out together? My memory is they come out as per normal (sans banner) to club songs, then meet on the wing to run through the joint banner.

The teams come out together so I wouldn’t expect the siren anyway?

Quoted Post

Funny story about the air raid siren. About an hour before the game, the stand it is attached to was blown over and smashed on the ground. The siren itself was intact ('At Essendon, our siren is strong...'), but the support legs were completely snapped off. So I took the siren further down the race, out of visibility, and sort of pinned it against my knee. I got it pretty loud and a good rhythm but have no idea if it was loud enough out on the ground (the AFL producer did put the mic next to it though).

But now we’re in the market for a new siren. I’d like one that’s larger, but have only found that size online. Don’t mind the idea someone had about multiple sirens around the ground - although those that don’t like it will REALLY not like it then.

@RyanMcKee can you please confirm that the air raid siren will not be used on ANZAC Day?

Quoted Post

Maybe get Skeeta to pick out somebody at each end & at the race (give them a sash as a thank-you). The true effect is the echoing siren filling the air not some background drone. It needs to be loud & intimidating. If it can’t be done with a physical siren then it needs to be done via the PA like the top-gun music. Of course some won’t like it but remember what Jesus said “there’s just no pleasing some people”.

Funny story about the air raid siren. About an hour before the game, the stand it is attached to was blown over and smashed on the ground. The siren itself was intact (‘At Essendon, our siren is strong…’), but the support legs were completely snapped off. So I took the siren further down the race, out of visibility, and sort of pinned it against my knee. I got it pretty loud and a good rhythm but have no idea if it was loud enough out on the ground (the AFL producer did put the mic next to it though).

Quoted Post

I must admit i didnt think it would work but i really liked announcing the players individually while they were out on the ground. Once people get used to it itcould reallyhelp create a great atmosphere before games.

I loved seeing Sheeds walking arou d the boundary getting the supporters going nuts after the game as well

Well done Ryan

Actually, that was probably the only thing I didn't like. They do it in the soccer but its only 14 players instead of 22. And I was expecting a quick cheer after every players name like we do at the soccer.

Love the air raid siren.

Would anyone be able to get in this Saturday against Carlton? Going with a friend and don’t want to be stuck in GA on the top level.

Hope this kicks off. Love the active support for Melbourne Victory and would be great to get some sort of active support for the Bombers. Main thing is, follow the K.I.S.S structure with chants etc. Keep it simple so regular folk can join in.

Bag. Cat. Gone.

Quoted Post

I gotta say this.

Taking a young son along to the game he was really taken by our one & only Skeeta!
We met him in the AFL Playground area before the game & had some pics with him & he was great.
We then watched him walk the boundary before the game, entertaining our fans & mock fighting that silly looking Hawk mascot.
We also were suitably impressed by his dance routines & the general ‘mood’ he was instrumental in helping create.
In short… through the eyes of a young boy he was sensational.

A BIG pat on the back to the Club & whoever is in that outfit!