Ad campaigns - ones you hate, ones you love

I have a love hate relationship with infomercials.
The products actual usefulness, features and benefits are inversely proportional to the ludicrously enthusiastic salesperson. But I just have to keep watching they're like a B grade movie.

I saw one recently with a cooking appliance called Platinum Express or the like...and the 50+ saleswoman with bright red hair is incredibly annoying. She needs to have the smug beaten out of her.

I believe this may still be legal in Albania.

*warning: Albanian women are very strong, and attempting this manoeuvre may lead to adam's apples in triplicate.

Those real insurance ads where they prentend to be on the phone sorting out insurance. I've worked in call centres for 12 years in various roles and from my days as a ■■■■ kicker phone monkey that is not how call centre calls work.

Those real insurance ads where they prentend to be on the phone sorting out insurance. I've worked in call centres for 12 years in various roles and from my days as a ■■■■ kicker phone monkey that is not how call centre calls work.

Is that you Katut's 3rd cousin?

Not sure you get NRMA ads, but they've written then F*CKING annoying song for their ads by some f*ckwit and the only reason I can determine why, is because it gets you so f*cking annoyed at it you want to ram your car into a tree, thus making you need their insurance.

Budget Direct ads with those ■■■■■■■ aliens! Those ads can get well and truely farked

Those real insurance ads where they prentend to be on the phone sorting out insurance. I've worked in call centres for 12 years in various roles and from my days as a **** kicker phone monkey that is not how call centre calls work.

Next you'll be telling me the science labs dedicated to a particular beauty product don't really look like a cross between heaven and Steve Jobs' converted apartment.

Budget Direct ads with those ******* aliens! Those ads can get well and truely farked

Yeah. Don't get it. Ok. They've given up on employing real people (loosely describing a pseudo french chick and Geoffrey Edelsten), but aliens? WTF? 

If we are talking jingles, you can't go past Roth Newton. 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEMGmJ0AJ5c[/youtube]

those old antzpants,..... oh, hang on, wrong thread

*edit: oh this is the love and hate thread. this can stay then

Maybe not quite to the spirit of the thread, but Shamwow demos in Melbourne shopping centres complete with fake American accents... UGH.

Used to love the Tooheys New add with the tougue walking around with tech music in the background.

Farmers union ice coffee one isn't to bad ethier.

I know im probly setting a theme and it probly just shows all insurance ads are ■■■■.

But if Jason from the RACV ads got hit by a bus i wouldn't really mind at all.

I quite like the iSelect ads

I quite like the iSelect ads

You know, I actually don't mind them either. But give me more of Izzy, the iSelectron. That "tossing possums", "juggling jaguars" bird was annoying.

HATE:

Youi car insurance. They are so ******* expensive, I don't understand how they are saving people money.

That Katut/Rhonda rubbish.

Cross-promotional crap too, watching the cricket and in between deliveries you have them promoting the Fat Tony TV series or the Shappell or however you spell that b!tches name.

Loved the Carlton draught ones, when they were in a large group and made it look like the guys was drinking the beer from above. Also the flashdance commercial done by them.

HATE:

Youi car insurance. They are so ******* expensive, I don't understand how they are saving people money.

And he seems so fkn smug about it too.

I did an online quote once, and it was stupidly more than what I was paying, so didn't go on with it. I then got so many follow up phone calls it felt like I had an ex-girlfriend begging me to take her back. "I can change, I swear!"

HATE:

I did an online quote once, and it was stupidly more than what I was paying, so didn't go on with it. I then got so many follow up phone calls it felt like I had an ex-girlfriend begging me to take her back. "I can change, I swear!"

I got the follow up phone call too and she gave me a price that was twice what I am currently paying. She said "oh, ill speak to my manager and see what I can do".

Never got the call back. Fair enough $50-$100 but twice as much???? Car insurance should only cost $650-$700 a year (over 25, driving record, car valued around $25k). They were going to charge $1200!!!!!!!

HATE:

I got the follow up phone call too and she gave me a price that was twice what I am currently paying. She said "oh, ill speak to my manager and see what I can do".

Never got the call back. Fair enough $50-$100 but twice as much???? Car insurance should only cost $650-$700 a year (over 25, driving record, car valued around $25k). They were going to charge $1200!!!!!!!

Yep Mrs Scotty was with youi for her car and was paying over 900 bucks a year did a quote with AAMI and got for $350. Contents is even worse we wanted 30,000k for our contents YOUI wanted $675 AAMI $210.

I have a love hate relationship with infomercials.
The products actual usefulness, features and benefits are inversely proportional to the ludicrously enthusiastic salesperson. But I just have to keep watching they're like a B grade movie.

I reckon that Karen Ledbury chick is alright though, shes the blonde on the Morning Show on Ch 7. Her legs are the sexy as fark!!! :wub: