Adam Cooney

I was under the impression that the perceived issue with Essendon was that we lacked pace in our midfield. How is a guy with two bung knees gonna fix that?

He's quicker than most of our midfield even with that...

Pre-knees he was an absolute gun. Now he's "just" a good player. He's not at the level of Watson / Heppell or even Zaha but he is IMHO still better as an all-round clearance player ( lateral movement, pace, skills ) than guys like Stanton, Howlett and - just - Myers IMHO.

Cooney is a ■■■■■■ good footballer.

Had a couple of shockers last season but I think that's when they were using him as the sub.

Other games I was very impressed because I actually thought after the knee he didn't have much to give.

Be good for us I reckon if he comes cheap.

You know what, we need success. Im fkn sick of mediocre essington. I want a finals win or two, or three. If he can help achieve that over the next few years, is put through the ringer by doc reid and passes his medical (f reid says he’s right, he’ll be right) and comes cheaply, il be all for picking him up. We lack outside run and uf he’s deemed fit he can do that along with being a decent half forward. I say yes

Essendon: Graveyard of former #1 picks.

Could be a handy pick-up for a couple of years, especially if Winderlich doesn't play on.
By then we won't be dealing with compromised drafts anymore.
I'd rate Cooney above Melksham.

Are you quite sure about that?
X_3YhJle_bigger.jpeg2014 AFL Offseason â€@theafloffseason  8m8 minutes ago

Sam McClure is reporting that Adam Cooney is having a medical at North Melbourne.

North are chronically overrating their chances for 2015.

More like SCREEEEEEEEWEDKNEE am I right?

Lol norf, really?

I was under the impression that the perceived issue with Essendon was that we lacked pace in our midfield. How is a guy with two bung knees gonna fix that?

He's still quicker than most of what Essendon currently has in the midfield.

Could be a handy pick-up for a couple of years, especially if Winderlich doesn't play on.

Cooney a former Brownlow medallist and still has the "smarts" if not the Legs.  Would still be a best 22 player at Essendon.

Melksham, well, if 2015 is like most of his first 5 years, then he will definitely have hit list-clogger status.  Needs to do vastly more to be a best 22 player.

North are chronically overrating their chances for 2015.

The word is delusional

I rate Melksham's disposal, but he's barely best 22 IMHO.

at this rate, Dangerfield, Cameron and Fyfe will be on the table by the end of trade week. Eventually we will get our big fish

Sam McClure is reporting that Adam Cooney is having a medical at North Melbourne.

unless north have re-located to the true value centre today, that's not what I saw.....

unless north have re-located to the true value centre today, that's not what I saw.....

Coons was having a Soy Chai Latte with Hirdy?

Anyone know if Dalhaus is actually on the table?

Only been reported by purplemayomouth

Coons was having a Soy Chai Latte with Hirdy?Dodoro

fixed

Cooney AND Jones for pick 28?

DECLINED by fark carlton!

seriously, Cooney must be more spent than he looks

Cooney AND Jones for pick 28?

DECLINED by fark carlton!

seriously, Cooney must be more spent than he looks

Why would Carlton want Cooney? He'll be wheeling around in a wheelchair before they are again a premiership threat*

*Admittedly he's likely to be wheelchair-bound in 5 years