Adam Goodes Documentary

Ugly and sad story. Forget about racism for a second, He was bullied by a lot of people without thoughts of his well being.

James Hird copped the same if not worse than Adam and for it to stop it nearly cost him his life.

The media is so powerful and they’re reckless with that power.

12 Likes

He’s not far off it is he?

Deleted. Finger trouble.

Isn’t he eyeing a move to the Gold Coast to be closer to his family?

3 Likes

Yes and Nicky Winmar said in an interview before that day at victoria park that he hadn’t be racially abused while playing footy. Many other Aboriginal players have said the same thing… but have later revealed that they actually had. There are many reasons why a player chooses to ‘not go there’ - I can understand why. We all knew they were getting abused.

2 Likes

Gee, he was a hell of a player wasn’t he?

3 Likes

GWS.
So he is slowly getting closer to his family

That never happened.
Or if it did it was the next day.

If Goodes retracted his statement the next day, then I agree the point is irrelevant.

Edit: wait…Before that day at…■■■■ off.

You booing Ryder isn’t going to drive him out of the game! Even if the entire Essendon fans at the game booed him everytime we played against pa wouldn’t drive him out of the game… But if everytime he played he was continually booed… then that might drive him out of the game. I doubt all the other club supporter base would join you in your booing… in fact they were all cheering when he left Essendon.

Ah ok, I thought he was originally looking at a move to Carlton to be closer to his family.

A once off boo is important/has its place.

AFL doesnt work like Ice Hockey does when a cheap hit is made. Well kinda does. Flying the flag and all that. We otherwise rely on the umpire who is human. Só a dog act needs a boo.

I like the Ice Hockey approach. The two blokes(guy who did cheap hit and person who copped it or stood up for it) are allowed to go toe to toe 1 on 1 until one falls down.

If you have never watched a ice Hockey match in the flesh I urge you too for that part of the spectacle.

Edit. Actually id like a sin bin that worked in conjunction with a concussion or blood rule caused by an instigator.
Victim goes off to get treated, perp goes off to cool his jets.

The Goodes issue certainly has caused me to rethink my potential actions . I already made up my mind not to boo an indigenous player, an Irish player, or even “USA”

I reserve the right to boo a Rampe or an Ablett. As long as there can be no misunderstanding as to the reason, its the only possible way of expressing displeasure in the moment at a game.

2 Likes

I have some vague recollections that Goodes gave some unwelcome commentary on the drugs saga leading up to one of our games? Anyone else remember this?

2 Likes

Good approach although I’m yet to come to terms with adults booing anything apart from a marionette performance.

1 Like

You must be a monster on the West Coast forum.

Farking marionettes… don’t get me started

2 Likes

Let’s recap the facts for Wim and others who for some reason feel slighted by a suggestion that the booing had racist undertones.

• nobody is saying that the booing didn’t have a number of different causes, including his behaviour on field, which at times was appalling

• nobody is saying that everyone who booed has racist undertones

• nobody’s is saying that anyone specific who booed has racist undertones

• again, NOBODY IS SAYING THAT ANYONE SPECIFICALLY, IS RACIST.

• however - it is abundently clear that a good proportion of those who booed did so with racist undertones. This is absolutely clear when you look at the timing. There is literally no other logical conclusion that is available. That doesn’t mean that those people hated or hate black people, it’s more subtle than that (see my post of last night).

People can do mental gymnastics in an attempt to question that conclusion if they like, but in my view it is completely intellectually dishonest.

2 Likes

Hahahaha…nope.
Didn’t read.
Will not read.

It amuses me that you think for one moment that I might.

No it isnt.

2 Likes

me.