Adam Goodes Documentary

Because ‘my rights’ exceed yours. That’s why. I want to do what I want to do and ‘you’ and everyone else who thinks they can tell me how to think or act can get stuffed.

I think that sums the contrary position up. You know, fark how those on the receiving end feel or think. I’m more important.

2 Likes

walks in in thread…

11 Likes

2 Likes

Thanks. I wasn’t aware I was one.

A West Australian? Do you uncontrollably boo at every opportunity? Wear board shorts in winter?

These are other clear ways to tell.

Knowing your way around Bali without having to refer to Google Maps is a fair sign you’re from here.

3 Likes

out of curiosity, how do you have that conversation ?
how do you talk about the questions you raised, without it being dragged back to racist or not ?

there inlies IMO alot of the issue, again which i keep bringing up. people from all sides don’t want to discuss to listen and view other povs of view, they only want to listen to see how closely you agree with them, and if you don’t then it’s attack central.

If you or people subscribe to people were uncomfortable for an aboriginal man expressing his culture, by default do you think the same amount of people are uncomfortable every indigenous round every year ?

hearing about racist history, of course people are uncomfortable about that, because it ties straight back into the first point, the second you deviate from the opinion of people on the topic, RACIST gets screamed at you.

I’ll switch topics a little and show what I mean about this social indignation works, and how you can’t win.

back to when that lady got killed in the park. A police officer given i think it was 5 mins to prepare for an interview clumisly said something along the lines of “woman needs to try and take better precautions in how they get home after dark”. There was seemingly no ill intent behind it, he just wanted woman to get home safely.

he got attacked left right and center because woman shouldn’t have to plan how they get home safely, men should respect their right to do whatever they want.
and any male who shared similar views were similarly attacked as woman haters and just as bad as the perpetrators.

as the weeks went on and it was starting to die down, on an all female morning show they were interviewing a lady in WA who was going to start up a taxi service with all female drivers, and only have female passengers so they could feel safe getting home by themselves after a night out.

this is what i mean, any divisive topic has turned into religious zealotry type thinking and acting.
the second you don’t agree with any aspect of the original premise, it is attack attack attack, essentially screaming louder than the opposition until you drown them out and they give up.

again you say was it racist or not is boring conversation, and then pose the other questions.
maybe a good discussion point is, why when people don’t agree with everything you say, is it ok to label them everything under the sun, try to bully them into thinking they are bad people, that they are racist, they are the problem with humanity etc etc ?

I liked the way they mixed and edited the boos to make it that loud it literally drowned out any other noise. Even when the swans were playing the Roos in Sydney and the boos were sounding like there was 95k packed into the G. North would’ve had what 30 supporters there

6 Likes

Excellent summary. I used to like Goodes but came to dislike him over the years. But knowing what indigenous people have been through over the years and how easily “boo you’re a thug” can be interpreted by the indigenous recipient as a racist slur I decided never to boo him.

I agree with this.
I probably sit in the centre as, it sounds like you do. Which is unusual for me as a lefty.

I totally agree that it all started with the way he conducted himself on the ground… that was the reason why this all started. But as it got more intense and vicious it started to have a strong racist undertow to it all.

Most of the pot shots people were taking at him, was based on who he is and what he stands for. Which is flat out racism.

No record of any reactions by the likes of Sam Newman to what Goodes said about the 13 year old girl. Just leave out the bits that don’t suit the narrative
Don’t ask Goodes why he acted in the way he did, but tell him how he should react, based on your own life experiences.

1 Like

It was.

It mentioned him staging for free kicks (and showed footage and discussion of same), it had footage of him saying initially that the booing was a sign of respect and it didn’t bother him. it featured him saying that the girl was the face of racism.

But don’t waste your breath. Some people simply don’t ever change their mind or their view about anything, and they’re not going to start now.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, although I disagree with you in the Goodes issue, I absolutely agree with you on this example. Well put

How much more can we discuss on a person being booed, person being the relevant term, any idiot knows that a group of people at a public sporting event are not booing a person because of their ethnic background.

*exceptions to Neo Nazis and other weird minority groups that condone in racism

Good to know.

I’d respond further but I see the totally not sad and not in any way at all fixated twerp has done that for me.

I think his family live on a boat, and keep moving round and poor judas is sorely misjudged, a couple more clubs and he will get to them.

I watched something on Goodes on The Project tonight, where he was not concerned about the booing… He also said something to the affect about booing almost being a backhanded complement. People often boo good players.

I have decided I am not going to get into this discussion.

1 Like

That’s a well constructed argument.

Well played sir.

Sick of this topic

And sick of the media claiming that anyone with an alternate opinion on it is racist.

4 Likes