AFL Cheating Rascals

Living most of my life on the Gold Coast ('til I moved to Melbourne a couple of years ago) I think it would be such a shame if the venture didn’t eventually succeed.

There are so many football fans there that have been starved of a local team for so long.

The grassroots local footy community is very passionate and deserve a team to support. They just ■■■■■■ up the way they went about starting the club (look at GWS who are now thriving).

6 Likes

We don’t pay anyone in advance…unless his name is Gary Ablett. I wonder what the exact figure of money is that they have thrown into that dumpster fire of a club.

Well these ‘fans’ never show up.

5 Likes

Gold Coast
2017 - 11,665 -9.25%
2016 - 12,854

Give Ballarat/Bendigo a team and see how many members they have after six years.

3 Likes

Sydney Swans have been in existence for almost 40 years and they still remain an expansion team with all the benefits.

Can see the same thing happening with GWS, GC and Brisbane.

Get used to it.

2 Likes

There is no way they have 11,000 members. The AFL own half those memberships.

5 Likes

Or Israel Folau. Or Karmichael Hunt.

1 Like

We’re not in the market for him so I don’t care. The whole comp is rigged anyway so this doesn’t come as a shock. Didn’t Ryder get some afl ambassador money for moving to port it was that rumour

1. An absolutely massive amount of money

2. Less than Gils bonus

2 Likes

AMENDED.

1 Like

There was easily more Dons fans there the other night.

I don’t deny the numbers.

Look at the GWS Membership numbers year by year.
That club has had proper direction and it has showed on and off the field

They made three key mistakes.

Ablett Jr was not the leader required for an expansion club. Absolute elite player, just not the right leader.

Rodney Eade was a farking embarrassment of a decision.

Why you expand the competition with this side, then expand again the next year and give the newer club twice the initial benefits… well that just is completely beyond me.

10 Likes

I think like myself, there are a lot of expats up here that already have a team, so like the Lion’s it would be a second team for a lot of us. I suspect it will work long term and think it would be ashame if they died. That said, Tassie should have got it to begin with.

5 Likes

I’m really not trying to have an argument here.

There are plenty of reasons to have a Gold Coast team, but the sheer number of diehard grass-roots Australian Rules Football supporters in the area that deserve a local team is Not one of them.

3 Likes

As pointed out previously, being a GWS member is a cheap way to almost guarantee yourself a Grand Final ticket. Those who thought that have probably been quite upset at their injury list this year.

1 Like

Brisbane, GC and GWS are a waste of money.

Despite being the far better club gws still cant get more than the suns.

1 Like

The Hobart Two-Headed Druggies?

what floors me is that when carlscum did that with Judd when he “worked” for Visy it was deemed illegal as it was part of his salary & couldn’t fit under the salary cap or some rubbish like that

2 Likes