AFL Feedback Thread

Commentators are getting worse!!! I wouldn’t have believed that was even possible… Our game had my most hated commentators ‘calling’ the match. I also watched some of the gws v stk game fL|ck that was bad - a player marks the ball in front of goal and DB etc continue to crap on about some boring, irrelevant ■■■■■… Please, please someone allow us to listen to the atmos only - It is unbearable!!!

Have you missed my multiple posts spruiking the Radio Delay app? It is seriously pure gold.

Perhaps people are scared of it, … think it’s too hard to set up?

I have seen digital radios with built in delays on the net, haven’t seen one with the time span of the computer programs though.

It’s terrific when Dwayne’s calling us and we’re winning. He just disappears. My visual is he’s out fitting a bit of flexible pipe onto his car exhaust and starting it up.

I used to love the game, have fox footy watch 6 games a week hang out for info and live and breathe every season of football in a holistic sense.

now I can barely motivate myself to watch Essendon games and didn’t watch the rest of the finals after Essendon got knocked out last year or follow any of the off-season and depending on how things go over this off season there’s a chance I won’t come back at all next year.

I don’t care about professionalism and I can understand the contact elements being taken out of the game but I’m just not interested in investing myself in a non-competitive spectacle/soap opera masquerading as sport.

I’ve got Netflix if I want quality scripted drama.

You ■■■■■■■ had one job. To protect the integrity of the contest. That would have made you all millions of dollars and the industry/sport billions. Its just a shame this generation of waste of space ■■■■■ has made their millions whilst ■■■■■■■ in the pool for anything else that might have followed. I can think of few things more evil than destroying this sport for everyone because doing your job properly might have made you a fraction less money or made you feel a fraction less of the illusion of your own importance.

Have you missed my multiple posts spruiking the Radio Delay app? It is seriously pure gold.

I have seen digital radios with built in delays on the net, haven’t seen one with the time span of the computer programs though.

Yes, I have missed your posts… I have been away for a few month’s, maybe why. I will definitely try it where possible.

Dear AFL,

When will Alex Rance have a statue at the MCG? Apparently he deserves one.

Regards,

Me

Yes, I have missed your posts… I have been away for a few month’s, maybe why. I will definitely try it where possible.

Ahh, ok. In case you didn’t find the one I referred to, here it is

daansystems.com/radiodelay/

Wowee

In news just to hand , a case of Nepotismitis was detected this year within the sphere of influence of the AFL. Its is said that Channel 7 has contracted the Hamish strain of the dreaded McLaughlin disease that has caused a lot of problems in the industry.
Observers are hoping that the disease will abate at the end of the ratings season, and it is hoped the Hamish strain will cease to be found in screening tests in 2016 and beyond.

The AFL CEO and Chairman arrive at AFL House.

You're all so Anti AFL but the majority of you continue to watch non Essendon matches, participate in general AFL discussions? Righto.

You can hate the administration but still have an interest in the game. Though, if I could undergo experimental surgery to no longer enjoy football I’d consider it.

You live in North Queensland - that’s a start.

You're all so Anti AFL but the majority of you continue to watch non Essendon matches, participate in general AFL discussions? Righto.

You can hate the administration but still have an interest in the game. Though, if I could undergo experimental surgery to no longer enjoy football I’d consider it.

You live in North Queensland - that’s a start.

Check your map. Unless he has moved he’s 2000k from Nth Qld

I love AFL, the WWE, and various TV shows.

I really like scripted entertainment.

I dont know why tv insists on commentators. Wouldn’t they gain more money by not paying 10 more I assume very expensive people? Oh but what about the breaks someone said. They can show replays from their 20 cameras instead of cutting away from LIVE action.

TV has been too much about the focusing on the experience/package instead of focusing on the game.

I grew up loving footy.
My disposition early in each week was determined by how successful the team had been on the previous weekend.
If we’d lost, by Thursday I had renewed hope for the next week.
If we’d won, by Thursday I hoped we could keep the winning streak going.
Teams were pored over, statistics sought.
It was the sport of the people. You could talk to anyone anywhere and they had an opinion about footy.
Who was the best player they ever saw? Is the game the same? Who do you barrack for?
Saturday mornings were full of anticipation as we packed the family car and set off for other-worldy destinations such as Geelong, Collingwood, or the marathon venture to Waverley. Occasionally the People’s Ground the MCG. A place filled with wonder and history.
We collected footy cards, and cherished them. Sunday was for World of Sport, and every word from the former champions of the game was hung on to as they described what they saw the day before.
Players were heroes, not because we knew every detail about their private lives, but because they took speccys, kicked goals, and flattened the opposition’s tough guy.
Every gift giving opportunity was consumed with footy. Christmas, Birthday, Easter. Father’s Day. Mother’s Day. Someone got something related to footy.
Footy was life, and life was good.

I think the change began to happen when the Commission was established.
Corporate mentality came in to replace footy know how.
The game has been stolen from the people and given to a select few.
Those who are part of the inner sanctum, and their friends.
The Rules Committee was established and justified their creation by tinkering with the rules of the game.
Trying to speed it up made it slower. Yes, the players run faster, but the cause of the slow moving sideways possession game is the various changes to rules such as kicking quickly from a mark.
And then there’s the whole media control thing.
As mentioned above, the AFL condemn one player and exonerate another for exactly the same thing, depending on their own bias at the time.

For me, I can take or leave footy. I watch my own team when I can. But as for other games, footy TV shows and the like, I just can’t be bothered.
And it’s not something I gave up, it was stolen from me piece by piece by a group of individuals more interested in their own public reputation and their desire to change and control what I loved and make it something that I don’t hate, I just feel apathy towards.
This was our game, and these people were supposed to steward it and nurture it for the next generation.
Instead they furthered their own careers and made heroes of themselves, instead of the game itself.

Good post.

I record all the FTA footy shows, by habit (it’s very easy using my computer-based PVR). I watch almost none of them.

Kudos, AFL.

You can hate the administration but still have an interest in the game. Though, if I could undergo experimental surgery to no longer enjoy football I'd consider it.
You live in North Queensland - that's a start.

Exacly. I live in Melbourne and have had no problem over the last 2 years totally ignoring anything ‘AFL’ related. It would be much easier to do so interstate considering whatever buttfuck times they show games/lack of news coverage etc.

I’ve never enjoyed footy less.

The three commentating tonight had a minutes-long discussion with no agreement over what the rules even were, and how they were being applied. Then you saw footage of Daniher asking the umpires on the sideline what the rules are, and how they’re being applied. Then the boundary rider has to go and ask the umpires for clarification AGAIN YES, DURING THE GAME of what the rules are and how they are applied.

Why.

But then again, this is the same league that can’t standardise light/dark jumpers so what hope have they got?