AFL Trade Radio

Spot on. Theyre on 10 hours per day? Including an entire week where trading hasnt even started, lol.

So its currently 100 hours of “radio” for about 6 trades and a couple of free agents. Astonishing.

3 Likes

Realistically the whole trade period could be done in 5 days.

1st week is basically playing chicken and sussing out whats available

2 Likes

Actually think they need the 2 weeks, … some of this can get bluddy complex now.

1 Like

Week one saw a few trades which is better than anyone actually thought would happen. I reckon a couple will happen on Monday and then a few more will follow as people jockey for positional changes on drafting.

It was an interesting week really so not sure what people are complaining about.

Has to allow time for when any names come up for clubs to do their medicals on them. Have meetings etc

Watts for example didn’t even know he was to be traded. Since has met Cats twice. Likely will do same with Port.

Motlop had 3 clubs to visit.

You can’t expect this to happen in 5 days.

I think the time frame is fine. We are all just impatient bastards though.

1 Like

If they just wanted to make it good for list management and players rather than The Trade Period Spectacular, it would be open all the way up to and including the draft.

Matthew Kennedy, is he a dead set lock at Carlton?

If there is speculation on S and S going elsewhere surely we must have continued discussion on him.

I’d be dissatisfied if we have low balled this kids worth with his manager.

A good run in the seniors and I could see him having just as much impact as our other mids.

Two weeks minimum. Few years ago it was closer to 3-4 weeks with the AFL no doubt loving the momentum they keep up through the media to keep it front and centre.

Can’t say I mind a longer trade period, definitely beats there being no footy news at all. No doubt the clubs did a mountain of work this week with trades like Wilson, Saad, Stringer, Kennedy, Watts all likely to go through this week.

Having trade week radio a week early was not necessary.

2 Likes

As someone has never listened to trade radio I have a few questions

How do they fill the time each day? Do they have different hosts who go over the same trade scenarios all day?

Do they have list managers on?

Is it boring?

replaying interviews 50 times a day.

answer the same questions 100 times a day

(Removed. Crass).

3 Likes

How many times a day do you hear the phrase the best in the business

Yes yes & Yesss.

And heaps of fking Ads. I listened for about 45 mins last year and couldn’t believe people actually did so.

1 Like

Dees should get pick 20 for Watts now, far more than the 33/35 that Port has at disposal. If he selects the Cats that is.

Get feeling delay on nomination was in part to do with what compo Geelong got.

Then again it could be going to Suns since no players want to head that way.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for this trade period to be over hopefully with String to us.

All part of the optics to help Ablett get home. AFL want him at Geelong but want GC compensated. Motlop is not end of first round compensation, what a joke.

I don’t like Motlop at #19, but if Cameron is around that mark…then…finding it difficult to argue.
What else do we have to compare?
Where are Rockliff and Trengove?

Rockliif same compensation band (end of round 1, pick 18), Trengove was 2nd round (pick 30? I think) but now nothing because port brought in two FAs. Cameron’s not a FA so wouldn’t generate compensation.

Trengove was only a 3 year contract, so that must be why it is lower.

Understood, but that’s where he’s being touted.
Rockliff is better but older…
I’d like to be…

…but I’m struggling.

4 Likes