AFL Trade Radio

My personal issue is that compensation picks shouldn’t be on par with their actual trade value. It undermines the structure of restricted free agency if there’s no incentive to engage with the restricted part of it.

Edit: I’m not outraged by it though. I just think it’s a bad system.

5 Likes

Wimm,

Super impressed by the Tony Harrison comedy gold!

1 Like

You didn’t have to listen to it.

1 Like

If Carlton made a late play for Devon Smith to change his mind, you can guarantee Doddoro is doing the same thing for Kennedy.

7 Likes

Questions should have been asked. Should have been swabbed!

Haven’t posted the whole article, just the important bits. I think this is part of the Dogs exit strategy for Stringer. To continue to say that he’s coming back and then when he’s traded for cheap, they can then say that the player didn’t want to come back blah blah. I can absolutely see the Dogs pot shot Stringer after he’s traded just to hide from the fact that they farked this whole thing up.

That pissant Gordon will be on Jon Faine as soon as he’s traded to spin absolute garbage about their handling of Stringer.

AFL trade period: Western Bulldogs, manager at loggerheads over Jake Stringer

Jon Pierik
3 hrs ago

The Western Bulldogs and Jake Stringer are at loggerheads, with the Dogs declaring the estranged forward could yet return to the club.

As tensions rise heading into the final days of the AFL trade period, the Bulldogs on Saturday insisted there is “every chance” Stringer could return next season unless a suitable deal was struck.

However, Stringer’s manager Robbie D’Orazio told Fairfax Media on Saturday he “won’t be going back”. D’Orazio had already made it clear it would be best for the premiership forward to head to a new club, having nominated Essendon as his preference.

3 Likes

All you need to know.

5 Likes

That’s all.

1 Like

Correct.

Must feel for the Dog fans they are going to be farking ■■■■■■ at the club and who can blame them.

3 Likes

I can be boring but they do cover other AFL news as well. Plus they have players, player managers on. I don’t mind it cause news on trades and developments come through ASAP. Also there’s no racing news :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Let’s get readyyyyy to ruuuummmmbllleee…

1 Like

Steady on IT, we all know if a trade gets done you’ll be in the toilet or aomething

3 Likes

They are doing a live cross to the Connors breakfast which has not been live before. All the list managers are in attendance.

Meeting

No ■■■■■■■ signal on the train.

Laughing about Hodge and how he has to change the title of his book which was meant to be “One Club Warrior”.

1 Like

Some prickly comments getting thrown around.

Code for taking a dump

1 Like

This is the type of radio you’d want to listen to. What the hell happen last week? Great questions straight to the source.